How Do You Get Downloads

javaexp:

Could you please elaborate about this? What has been your experience with them? Any figures? Thanks!

they allow for keyword analysis. U can put a keyword and see how easier it is to rank for that keyword. Daily rank tracking for keywords of your game. Compare your game with competitor for a particular set of keywords. was able to boost my app rank from 150 to 6 for “IELTS” keyword.

Yeah, i have used it, but i found the information very vague and cant find a good way to use it. I mean, what am i supposed to do with values like:

Keyword 1 Traffic 4 Difficulty 5
Keyword 2 Traffic 4.5 Difficulty 5.5 ??

How much is the difference in traffic and difficulty between those 2 keywords? Most of the value are between 4-6…

there blog has some very good tutorials for ASO in general and how to use these metrics
https://blog.sensortower.com/

since u are developing a legit and good game, I highly recommend to go through the above link and read most of the blog posts. Will take 1 day of yours but worth the time.

you could easily earn more by implementing splash ads by Startapp. (highest source of income in my experience)

click on my signature for referral. :slight_smile:

I think I tried 3 of the options…
here is my opinion

1. Paid advertising - It did not significantly increased downloads… and it is costly.
  2. Facebook - I joined pretty much any group that my app is targeting… and marketed from there.VERY VERY EFFECTIVE but only for a day or two. Not self sustaining.
  3. ASO - I think this is the best method so far. Google really is powerful… so why not cooperate with them? They can do lots for you… ya’ know… LONG TERM

ratings and reviews also will help you become more visible in google play… if you still don’t have that much downloads.

This is exactly what searchman does for free. Just the visibility score is too vague and unhelpful.

So with 32 votes so far, the clear winner is ‘ASO’ at 59.38%, followed by paid advertising at 31.25%, followed approx. half as much by manual linking on social networks at 15.63%, followed by word of mouth and offline methods at 9.38%, which ties with ‘Other’- also at 9.38%. Curious to know what those voters referred to as ‘Other.’ Interesting outcome so far, though.

You can get 100+ downloads simply by posting about your app in reddit, androidforums.com, etc.

use a combination of all the methods you mentioned

Are you saying 100 per day or 100 in total? Its not so easy sometimes.For some app it give only 10-20 downloads in total.

Hi there, based on my experience, app store optimization is really a good way to increase app downloads. Maybe it’s a long term project, but it’s worthy. Here I just want to add one thing about app store optimization: besides search optimization, you should do appeal optimization, you should make your app title, icon, screenshots, description and video attractive - which can increase app downloads effectively. And here I will share some effective ways to get app downloads, details as follows:

Cooperate with influencers
Influencers are individuals with the power to influence the buying and engagement decisions of a certain group of people. These people may include influential bloggers, newspaper journalists, professional tech writers in social network like Facebook or Twitter. You reaching out influencers should be careful to only present content that is truly relevant for the influencers and their audience.

Get Positive App Reviews
Data shows that about 95% users will take the app reviews as one of the most important reference factors to judge the app before downloading it, users will be convinced when they see your app have gained many positive reviews from your former or existing users and choose your app. While 80% users have changed their minds about downloading an app based solely on the negative reviews they read.

Get 4/5-star Ratings
Data shows that only 15% users would like to download those apps with 2 ratings, and 50% users would like to download those 3 rating apps. However, 94% users would like to download those 4-5 rating apps. A single-star jump in app store ratings can mean 340% more downloads.

Consider Alterative App Stores
Besides Google Play & App Store; there are various other app stores on the online market where you can upload your app. Data shows that, if an app is submitted on other relatively less popular stores, it will increase the expected downloads 200% more compared to Google Play.

Hope those methods are useful to you.