Google Play Trademark Notice - anyone had the same problem - app name

Ok thanks for advice. I ll come up with completely different name.

Did google remove your app or just gave a notice to fix the problem?

The specific trademark only works on specific country isn’t it? Just unpublish from that country.

Unless they have the trademark registered in different countries, which most of the time is the case.

They claim that they have trademarked word memory in over 42 countries, so it s better solution for me to change name of the game, than to pull it our of that many countries. Google just sent us copy of original trademark complaint and said it has nothing to do with it, we need to resolve that problem between us(complainant vs devs), but it also said if we dont come up with solution google can remove our apps from play store. Nobody said what exactly should be done. App is still on the market, i ve changed name and that is that. That complainant company doesnt answer to mails, other devs who are also tagged tried to contact them, but there is no answer. Now i ll see about download numbers, DAU s and monetization, will it be worse or hopefully better, with this new name.

Aaaand all those apps are gone. Mine was unpublished and is suspended anyway. Did changing the name helped?

What? Even unpublished also suspended? Try counter DMCA?

What for? To risk the account? That app didn’t make me money anyway. But it is sad. It was a fun game and I will miss it. I hope it does not affect my account.

So you unpublished the App without changing the name, right? and it was still suspended…

Yep. .

It would be nice to have a list of words that have been trademarked, if anyone has that resource.

Flow, How, Saga, Scrolls, Asteroids, with Friends, Tower Defense (use TD or Defense), Memory

Here is a topic I started long ago (I have updated it today so memory is clear): http://forums.makingmoneywithandroid.com/android-development/10611-not-allowed-list-things.html

I ve completely changed the name of the game and it s still on the market, but i ve seen that other devs games are removed from google play. So you have to change the name completely(some of them used word memo instead of memory or something similar and still got removed). I m in contact with several other devs, and they wrote to google but the appeal is rejected. So devs are here in a very bad situation. Some of them lose their apps with several thousands or even 1mil+ downloads (old memory games). Very sad.

Hi,
I had read about your post.
Sad to say, i have received an email from google play this week regarding trademark infringement.
I had completely removed the trademark element from my app title and description.
My app has currently been removed from US and china google play store.
Based on your experience, how long do i need to wait for google play to reinstate my app in US?
Thanks for your kind advice.

I m not sure exactly how long does it takes for google to do it, but i think several days (up to 7 days max).