[GAME] Robo Miner

Na - Robo Miner failed in Greenlight, eve when it startet pretty good :slight_smile: But ultimately, that was what I have expected somehow, because it is just a small little game which will not suit very well in a game platform like steam, even when it would be very practical to be there (in terms of publishing and updating!)

For me that’s no problem, I gt a lot of experience from it what to do when I submit proper games to greenlight, and so it was a good learning session :wink:

Greenlight is hard. I will put my platformer there one day (probably in a year, because it’s in early alpha now), but not until I’m sure it stands a chance. I’ve seen really good games being downvoted there just for being from mobile.

what you not see is the upvotes and general acceptance there. If you submit, you see a bit more, only a few users are actually leaving a comment there … mostly they leave bad comments. But what I’ve seen from statistics is, that Robo Miner was doing great over the first week but then loosing grip.

There is some sort of ignorance needed … for the bad comments, they do not reflect the general opinion … they does more likely reflect the generall unsatisfaction from those who are unsatisfied with the game :slight_smile:

Hi reiti,
Here my review of your amazing game:
Robo Miner : Dig deeper with your robot | Tech Cookies

:slight_smile:

Hi Guys - a long time has passed since I’ve initially released Robo Miner for Android, which is still a poplar game in the google app store. Whatever - recently I’ve ported Robo Miner to PC and released a PC version on desura. You may have a look here: Robo Miner Windows, Mac, Linux game | Desura

The game is not very popular yet - and to be honest I didn’t think that it will, but some players were desperate to play Robo Miner on PC as well, so I referbished the game to fit desktop requirements, fiddled around with Input Device and changed some other things and - thanks to libgdx - was able to release the game for PC, Linux and Mac!

This is just an update here, because I no longer do detailed analyses about Robo Miner App in google play. :slight_smile:

Happy X-Mas!