For anyone who is also sick of being pushed around by ad networks!

You could work at a supermarket too. It’s also a guaranteed and honest living. :wink: To be honest adMob seems to have one thing guaranteed - the lowest eCPM of all banner ad networks.

but how do you know? Sendroid just said it, ecpm can be manipulated. It would be so easy to reel in a bunch of suckers promising bs ecpms. The networks tell you what they want you to know, if admob was such crap then why do all the largest apps using them, 2 words, guaranteed inventory

The “Big players” have special contracts and probably fixed eCPM so they can not be compared with indie developers.

Sure, eCPM can be manipulated (fill rate) by networks but he all the time talking about how his network is honest so I do not see a problem in that to share numbers with us.

Hey NekoSpolja,

I can provide you with a reasonably estimated eCPM.

You said you’re looking mainly in Asian region.

Here are the possible eCPMs

Alert Ads/Alert Ads Pro - $1.00 - $3.00
Interstitials: $2.00 - $3.00
AdWalls: $2.00 - $3.00

I have gotten these numbers by observing 5 Developers on SendDroid currently using those Ad Units in those regions. Those are the ranges I found them in during the span of last 7 days.

AdMob has been around since 2006. They got acquired by Google in 2009-2010. These were still early years for Mobile Ads. Since they were there from the very beginning, they got a very good share in the market. We know that AdMob has a LOT of demand in terms of ads. They have massive budgets from massive companies. It is also very secure since Google would never ban you for any policy violation if you’re using AdMob.

The eCPMs are lower. But lower compared to what? Banner ads do not have a very high CTR. 0.5% would be considered a good CTR in the market. Because of that, eCPMs are lower. But you also will end up having tons of more impressions. You will also be able to have a LOT of variety in ads.

Overall, it is a Network trusted by all developers especially the big players.

What’s your fill-rate in Asia and South America for Interstitials?

Would you happen to have any specific countries in mind?

Guys it’s the wrong way you are doing comparing eCPMs. If I got an admob eCPM of lets say .50 with a fillrate of 100% and another service gives me an eCPM of .80 it doesn’t make sense as the fillrate could be just 50%. The only important thing for me is the RPM, because this is not calculated by impressions but by requests.
I once flipped out when I reached a $4 eCPM with floorCPM beta in admob until I realized that my fillrate dropped to 5% which meant, that I earned less than before.

The only good thing about a high eCPM with a low fillrate is that the user gets less, but more “effective” ads. Anyway, a low eCPM with a high fillrate was that, what got me the highest RPM.

Greets, Alex

It’s really wrong to say admob has the lowest eCPM (and comparing eCPM at all). My eCPM with admob is $4.45 from the beginning of the year, I could set the refresh rate to 30 seconds for my apps and have 4 times the number of impressions and only $1 in eCPM and still make the same amount of revenue.

When I changed from airpush to admob I started immediately making about 3 times more revenue with the same amount of apps + I now have a lot larger user base because I’m not scaring away users with spam from airpush.

Just trying to make a point… hopefully somebody understood :slight_smile:

Niles, you mean airpush banners are spam?

I want to kiss you for saying that :stuck_out_tongue:

Of course not, they didn’t have those back when I was using them.

Any further update on the open source ad network and this developer? Just starting and want to make sure I go in the right direction.

Are you referring to Airpush banners? I personally like their in app units and banners way more than admob’s banners. I am getting double CPM than I had with Admob not to mention I often had issues with their payments.