Football Game - In development

in my opinion graphics today should have some artistic background. I don’t how to describe it but look at top games like angry birds, cut the rope etc. Graphics there are unique and recognizeable. They have they own style and I think this is important. In Dash and Smash (http://forums.makingmoneywithandroid.com/income-reports/15910-dash-smash-multiplayer-racing-game.html) we decided to make character a bit artistic and use pastel graphics which may be consider as unique. Your characters look really good but normally. I won’t remember they. What do you think? Maybe try to be more courage?:slight_smile:

Hey Bakasi
Do make graphics generic. May b u can use them in next game like Baseball, basketball or volleyball game

man, this forum is getting damn spammed with this crap.

Yes, i also believe that doing something unique in terms of graphics is always a plus. The problem is we got limited resources (time, money) (as everybody does), so we decided to go for a good looking-functional art style, to focus on the other aspects we want to stand out and be recognizable for: the character customization, the minigames and the whole game experience. Another reason is, we are 2 people: programmer and game designer, so the artist is someone external. Strategically, we want to develop our competitive advantage based on the resources we got, not someone external who can leave at any time. I wish we had an artist on the family heheheh

Some more pictures:

Main menu
Shop
German player (eyes should be looking to the screen)

What do you think?

In a couple weeks i will upload a video with the main character doing animations on the Main Screen, and how the screen changes according to the character´s level and will update the expenses report

shop_money.jpg

player example6.jpg

It looks professional. I can’t wait to see first gameplay:)

I think your game looks very good :slight_smile: I wana try it out

Here are two videos showing some basic demos of 2 of the minigames, so you can have an idea whats the type of minigames we are including. Minigames are only 50% done, so there is so many things to improve, i know :wink:

What do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdmCiDUDefI Jumping minigame
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xtt6Cnz24Y Running minigame

looks nice, about the gameplay - dont know. just something - the lights are pulsing/glowing maybe must be adjusted to lower range

@BaksaiApps - the running game looks better, the jumping looks a bit awkward (maybe because of the animation or maybe because of the jump physics). Looks like Pou for football fans - that might just work.

Which lights you mean, in the Main Screen ?

Thanks for commenting :wink:

Yeah, the jump animation of the Jumping game is temporary, we are just using the one from the running game for now. The final one will have 2 parts, so the character will be alternating legs, otherwise it would look weird and not fluid jumping and landing always with the same leg as it is now :wink:

I wish i had 5% the success of Pou ;-). Or even 1%

A little update:

We just made it to 30% of completion of the game. It has been tough, soooo much work left, it feels like it will never end! Launching on May seems unlikely right now…

We already have spent $4.250 and we expect to end up spending $10.000 without considering promotion budget (another $5.000 - 10.000).

I attached a screenshot of the Edit character menu, where you can 5 characters i made. Opinions :slight_smile:

PD: If you have any minigames ideas you want to share with us, please do it :wink:

Regards

IMG_0849.jpg

I finished my first game, and what I learned, is that you need an Idea and the graphics + sounds. the rest is simple work to implement the idea.
I bought my graphics around 60 Euro and they are way better than yours. I mean as eye candy somewhere between 5-7 */10.
sounds are good, I got them for free and Unity3d free version. Development time around 2 weeks, sounds and graphics around 1 week to choose them.
If you dont have enough ideas - that may be a real problem for your project. Football mini games:

• in door play 5 vs 5
  • in door play without a goal keeper on small gates
  • dont let the ball drop one touch pass - beach free style game
  • the best of 5 - penalty shoots
    Hope it does help

EDIT:
just heads up - the game must be polished and have a great gameplay. else have a nice graphics or very good gameplay.
if user will download a game - they always check the graphics first - the screenshots.
Bad graphics but a nice gameplay - flappy bird. but flappy bird is more exception as an example.

check the competition - in your case may be the FIFA 20xx ? and that is a big game… do I have a real competition or there are similar games?

IMO instead of adding mini games. Go for multiplayer

I think johna describes simple games. Your game is much more complicated and it definetly can’t be implemented in “2 weeks” and it’s definetly not “the rest is simple work to implement the idea.”.

I think javaexp has a good point here. Now I can say that’s it’s hard job. Even if you have server with API you have to implements algorithms of lag compensation, movement preditions etc. But i think (and hope) it’s worth it.

We considered initially to include asynchronous multiplayer games but took it out because of time/resources constraints and other reasons. We would not dare to include fast-paced synchronous multiplayer, at least for now, that can end up in a disaster (we still need to improve other aspects of game development first). From our experience with Color Fill 2, if the game offers both singleplayer and multiplayer modes, it would need a huge userbase to make a rich multiplayer environment.

You can always implement bots which pretends to be player. I think it’s good idea at the very beginning of the game.

Yes, that’s a possibility we considered as well

Two more videos:

An improved version of the Jumping minigame demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aoYmmA_52s&feature=youtu.be

A new minigame demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-lMzYYwKH0&feature=youtu.be (still needs a lot of work)

Game is up to 33% now, new estimated launch date: July.

Opinions are welcome :slight_smile: