Expense Report: WordSearch Hero

I did not write Google or contact them, neither did them. From one minute to another downloads rose like crazy and i couldn´t find the reason until somebody on the forum posted the link of the US store with my app competing side to side with Cut the Rope 2 and Amazing Alex :-).

Actually, i ve checked the link and Tap the Box is still there, now in 7th position. I suppose the whole category is not being shown in the store?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/collection/promotion_30004c7_physics_flummox?hl=en

nice to hear. Who to get to this site by clicking on play.google?

BTW how about updating income report? Tap the Box - Income Report - Income Reports - Making Money with Android :slight_smile:

I am ultra busy with our new project, but i will think about it this weekend :wink:

I tested the game today - the navigation is not a “brainer” but I did expect something else - mixed feelings. Nice intro how to play. Icons and which what is and what is doing - don’t know.
I don’t like games like that so I cannot comment on the gameplay. Design - some contrast for the elements will be nice. All seems the same, take a look at 2048 - the game field is separated from buttons and menus.
Some of the icons at the Bottom (used Nexus 5) are almost useless - they are too small for me.
It is an App, the Settings are too much for a smartphone game - for Desktop PC will be ok.
Just my 2 Cent.

Edit: the Letters may be too small for some people, dont know how is on other devices

“Released Oct 15, 2014”

You have 3 days more before the 30 days period ends. Can you share how is the game doing? Did it match your expectations?

Look like it haven’t reached 50k mark yet, I was expecting that mind will reach 100k without any problem, still, that should be some starting point. But maybe those 50k are in countries that buy a lot of IAP? What were the most popular countries?

Pretty much a complete fail… Lots of interesting tech in there that will be used for future games though.

I am sorry to hear that, i know very well how hard is to fail…

what lessons do you get from this? if the game end up failing, what do you think were the reasons?

Sorry to hear that, I hope that you gain some traction and at least to return your money with some interest on them. The Holidays are coming and may be a good time for you.
But all that I see is that the Android and iOS are already dead for development. We need to return to the previous cash upfront for apps and games. The Steam is selling many indy games and they do make some good money bcs - “cash first”… with a big and free choice of apps and games with the same gameplay or functionality there is almost no place to grow… I think to start developing for Desktop PC… Will give it 3-4 Months more for android Apps to get some traction and if there is no traction at all - I will leave Android.
The customers have very big choice of free apps and games and if the customer cant get it on or doesn’t like it, he will uninstall it and install another one - no time to learn it.
I did write very big App and complex - under the hood is a monster and what I see is that the users have hard time learning to use it. It is too complex too big and has maybe too many features, and options… And this is only 60% from the functionality that I have planned… If they like it and start using it, I will update the App to 100% as planned… even bigger monster… for Dekstop App will be just fine… for phone and tablet - dont know…

EDIT:
just checked the apps - one of the apps got today a 3 Star rating… all other ratings are 5 Star… maybe some one did get angry with the ads… just implemented admob interstetials few days ago… free app

That model is completely dead, at least on mobile, dont know much about PC or consoles. And for good reason, IAPs are far better for both users and developers.

On mobile - YES, PC and Console - not yet , but already there are a few games that have IAP … but a real gamer will not play game with IAP… dont know…

Check:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wysegames.stayalighthd&hl=en
Stay Alight® - Google Play Store Top Apps | App Annie
Released: Jul 13, 2013

Read the comments…
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wysegames.stayalighthd&hl=en

Gameplay as angry birds, graphics Eye Candy… but dont know if failed to Monetize or not…

“Smash Hit”
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mediocre.smashhit&hl=en
http://www.appannie.com/apps/google-play/app/com.mediocre.smashhit/

is doing very well, simple and stupid - like the unity3d tutorial but with better graphics…

… all that means the gameplay is important…

Isn’t it a bit premature? I don’t remember my first popular app having more than 50k after the first 30 days and over the years it has earned me a lot of money and got into the 2M+ mark. Although that were different times, I suppose, much easier.

Holly Shit! after the 30 Days period:
WordSearch Hero : Word Search - Google Play Daily Ranking | App Annie
Screenshot: https://www.sendspace.com/file/ks5l5g
wsh.jpg

Hope doesn’t get lost in the google play’s limbo. Just to do reality check - only one or two from 10 new startup companies are making it further … I dont think that the software has very bright future…

What a shame, you are right, it might be impossible to recover. Google Play is really hard these days and there were tons of similar games released recently which didn’t help I suppose.

It is quite scary actually, so much uncertainty making a game…

My newest game recently didn’t drop from top lists as fast as WordSearch Hero after the first 30 days but dropped from 300-400k active installs to 100k in just two months. :frowning: It was sad to watch. I tried to fight the uninstalls by improving the game but it didn’t help much, mostly because there was not enough new installs coming in.

Appannie has some reporting issue - they tend to show an app as “out” and then back into rankings. So its not as bad as on the screenshot shared above. Yet indeed getting the app high this days is way harder than back in 2012.

It was Appannie reporting issue for the screenshot above, other apps are having such issue too. Check ranking history instead.

@mind how is going with the game? I hope that it is getting some traction.
Can you post some info about advertisments and user base active/installs?

Pretty much a fail. Active users continues to fall. Currently at around 1400/day. IAP have dropped to near zero.