Best Marketing Methods to Promote First Ever App

Have you tried entering the market:// link for your app?

I tried that, it was a problem from Facebook´s side, but it is solved now :wink:

Thanks for the info!!

Informative thread for app marketing. Why are you not visiting the best mobile app marketing company websites or blogs where you can get indeed good infos?

stop your link building campaign

Hi There!

I’m in the same boat as OP, and I will explain what I tried to do but I don’t think it has worked well for me.

We started with some boosted post on facebook. But I doubt it worth it, no way to know if you get any install. I didn’t
know they an apps ads program, maybe I will try that.

Then we tried full text ads with Admob. Not bad, but it was costing us like 0.75$ an install, which is pretty high for the simple game I was trying to market.

Before knowing it was illegal, I bought some review on Fiverr for 5$. We got like 25 reviews, but they got deleted the day after. Not worth it, especially since I know it illegal.

I then tried AyetStudio, a service from a user of this forum. Pretty cool with a CPI. It’s lilke 0.10$ CPI. You even got a free 50 download trial. I worked well, but sadly the number of uninstall after
the trial was enourmous. I’m not sure it’s good for us if we have 90% of downloaded that remove the apps one day later. Still a nice service!

We then tried Admob full Image ads. We designed a full screen image of our logo. I think it’s our best method right now, as we get a CPI of around 0.39$. But it stills really expensive to get many download, and
we are still not in the top new release. Is it because I’m doing my ads in any location, and I might be top new release in like pakistan but not here in north america?

Here OP what I did, and for around 200$ I’m still around 200 download and only 50% keeper rate.

Do you guys know if install are worth it even if they uninstall it after? And if I should aim my promotion in expensive country (Ex : NA) only?

Thanks!

(I’m kind of hijacking the thread, but I’m sure it could help OP too!)

Both, the number of installs and uninstall rate are crucial. They are probably the two most important factors in Google Play ranking. Ideally you’d want to have many donwloads and also a high number of active installs. If many users are uninstalling your app then for Google it’s a sign that the app is not good and its ranking will surely be affected. So, I’m not sure if it’s useful to get such installs where 90% of the people uninstall it on the next day.

I think that marketing strategies like posting Facebook, Twitter and forums won’t give you many installs unless you have a huge number of followers. Spending money for advertising will give you an initial boost which helps to climb up in the rankings. However it requires a decent budget (at least $2K-$3k) and spending only few hundred dollars is not going to make a big impact I guess. It’s possible to get your app in top lists with advertising but still it has to be great to stay there.

Have you already launched your app on the app store. See there are actually slightly different strategies to follow before app release(like Press Release), at the time of app release(ASO, Banner ads) and after the release of your app on the app store(re-engaging users, in-app ads). Check them out and formulate your plan accordingly

Hi there, there are many ways to promote your app, such as email marketing, cross promotion, starting a blog, cooperating with influencers, social media, etc.
About best methods to promote app in targeted users, here i will list some for you.

Facebook ads
It’s one of the best ways to promote your app in targeted users. Facebook offers incredibly precise targeting options to help you identify your audience…
Your targeting options include:
[ul]
[li]Target Owners of New Mobile Devices. The reason this is so powerful is that when people get new phones they usually search for new apps to load on their phones. Get your ads in front of these new phone owners at the right time and you can expect a great conversion rate with lots of new installs.
[/li][li]Minimum operating system. Ensure you identify this while creating your campaign so you don’t spend money targeting people who don’t have the technical requirements to download and use your app.
[/li][li]Demographic information. Such as age, gender and languages spoken.
[/li][li]Geo locations. You can target geos in many different ways and levels, including by city, state, country, zip code or even street address.
[/li][li]Device type. Identify if your app is available on the iPad, iPhone, iPod or a combination of the three.
[/li][li]
[/li][/ul]

App store optimization
App store optimization, which aims to boost your app ranking in app stores. To promote your app in target users with this method, What you should do is choosing the relevant keywords, and you also should take traffic and competition into consideration when you choosing keywords.
Ways to get good keywords:
[ul]
[li]Write down some key phrases
[/li][li]Rely on app reviews or analysis tools
[/li][li]Spy on your competitors
[/li][li]Check app descriptions
[/li][li]Search suggestions
[/li][/ul]

Tools to Find the Right Keywords (Tools for App Keywords Optimization)
[ul]
[li]App Annie
[/li][li]MobileDevHQ
[/li][li]AppTweak
[/li][li]Sensor Tower
[/li][li]SearchMan
[/li][li]Mobile Action
[/li][/ul]

What’s more, choosing categories which describe the core function of your app is also a good way to promote your app in target users.