app violating ad policy ads interfere with other ads or app

I have only your sdk and I got google warning mails so the problem is your sdk

Could you please clarify what Ad units were you using from startapp? Post call manager, search, homepage, banners?

Well I promised to keep you all in the loop with my progress with Mobario. So far they are reporting 25-35% less than google analytics, but seems to be in the norm. At least I didn’t get any “friendly” emails from our “friends” at Google!

All of them

Oh ok so it’s the post call manager then
Thanks

I received today the same warning e-mail from Google of all my Apps with Startapp SDK. (PostCall manger sdk, Search Sdk, and in app sdk).

Analyzing the reason of violation it make sense the warning of Google: Ads associated with your app must not interfere with other apps or their ads.

I think that Google is very objective, if app A, install PostCallManger, app B can’t install PostCallManager again, so the app A intefiere with other ads of other apps, so I think the black sheep of StartApp is PostCallManager, because Search SDK does not violate this concrete term

If no answer is given from Startapp in next 3 days I will remove all Startapp ADS from my App.

as i said before, i do not use postcall sdk, i use in app sdk, search and homepage sdk, and got this warning also.

I removed post call manager from my apps a week ago. I use search, interstitials and ExitAds - on back and at home button.
So i don’t think it is postcall sdk.

I received warning emails today for almost all my apps. Funny thing, I am not currently using any ad network! I removed StartApp, TapContext, PingJam, and even AdMob almost 3 weeks ago.

I think these emails are being sent if you have used an SDK which has been labeled as noncompliant by Google in the past month or so.

Anyone else received the warning emails without using any SDK?

i received twice
first: i was using startapp, mobario. i removed mobario, postcall and exit ads of StartApp.
second: i received warning emails yesterday.
don’t want to remove startapp :smiley:

I received two warning email from google. I use Startapp (no postcall manager) but Other applications use startApp to be not warned. I don’t know what is happening

I also have this e-mail:

This is a notification that your application, xxx, with package ID xxx, Is currently in violation of our developer terms.

REASON FOR WARNING: Violation of the Ad-Policy:

Ads associated with your app must not interfere with other apps or their ads.
After a regular review, we have determined that your app contains ad functionality which disrupts or interferes with the usage of other apps or their ads. This is in violation of the policy provision cited above.

But the funny thing is I got these e-mails for my 3 out of 4 apps. 4th app has also the same ads, but it did not get warned. I used Startapp inapp ads. Have to remove their SDK completely… I did not have any other ad networks in this apps

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for everyone who posted about this and contacted our support. We’ve been dealing with this, head-on, for the past 24 hours and here are our findings.

It appears that this latest warning from Google is targeting developers using our Post Call Manager, and from our thorough investigation we concluded that some of the SDK features are causing this.

Until we release a new SDK, we are advising the developers using it to remove it from their apps. You have 7 days to do this, so no need to rush or panic.

Your account manager and our support team will be happy to assist you with the quick removal process, contact them for more details.

Some of you mentioned you have only our InApp SDK, but still received a warning. These cases we need to look into, so please contact [email protected] quickly to get to the bottom of this. Please note - We had several developers who reported this (using InApp only and getting a warning), after checking their apps it turned out they integrated ALL our SDK’s but activated the InApp only.

Let’s keep working together to quickly find those issues and deal with them quick, like we’re doing in this instance.

You know where to contact us and be sure that we will reply with all the info to everyone reaching out to us.

As always, feel free to reach out directly to me - [email protected] or our support team.

Ariel.

I also received this 7 day Notification from Google Play with my two games. I use Startapp Banner, chartboost interstitial, Startapp interstitial, and Startapp Exit ads by “Back” and “Home” button , Startapp searchbox .

The issue must be one or all of these:
Startapp Exit ads by “Back”
Startapp Exit ads by “Home” button
Startapp searchbox

I also have a game with only admob banner, chartboost interstitial and Startapp interstitial, and they didn’t receive any issue.

Lol, stop spamming these boards like your spamming your users :wink: jk, seriously, you place an ad on the home button (against the rules by the way) and the back button, no way to escape your app, its like a bad twilight zone episode, lay off the ads a bit and you may not get 7 day notices

Not only the Post Call Manger.

I didn’t use Post Call Manger , only use Startapp banner , interstitial, Exit ads and Serachbox with homepage . And all of my app received this warning email.

I received the same message two days ago. The interesting thing is that my apps are using only Admob. I integrated Startapp in my apps but removed them later when I realized I wasn’t earning that much. So I didn’t know what the problem was until Startapp emailed me. I then scanned my apps using ad-on detectors, checked my “libs” folder, manifest, tried the PostCall Manager removal process sent to me by startapp but found no Startapp sdk. Then I checked the “bin/dexedlibs” and lo and behold…there lied the mighty startapp sdks staring at me. I cleaned my project and saw no more of startapp in my project. Hope my apps/account won’t be suspended once I update my apps.

Any official statement from the StartApp team ? I am waiting till tomorrow and I would remove all startapp content from my apps

Great find, So it is must to clean your apps fully before creating and publishing the apk to production.

So According to what you say Mobario was not to blame rather it was StartApp?
Even after removing Mobario you still got the warning Emails, means that StartApp was the problem.
I am going to keep using Mobario :)!!