App Over 6 Months Marketing

We should hook up on skype not to spam others with too many details about your app here. My skype is bronsoner.x

Hello Bronsoner,

I want to hear about your tips :slight_smile:

Please look at my app. I’m not satisfied with my icon. I may need your help and advices.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jp.english.letters

Thanks!

Hi,

I would have never suspected this would have such popularity …

1. Icon - it’s not bad for inapp icon, but in google play you compete with some amazing icons, which means your icon needs to stand out and show quality outright. That’s what your icon fails to do. On the good side icon refers well to app content.
  2. App name - what I would guess this app does from the name is an app that does something with letters (letters like A, B, C …), what I would search for is e-mail templates when looking for an app like yours. I know this might be very competetive niche, but you could at least provide 100% bulletproof explanation in first sentence of description. Something like “Houndreds of e-mail letter templates in english”.
  3. Using perfect english in description helps. You could ask someone with good skill in english to correct some slight mistakes you got there like ’ that allow you’ should be ‘that allows you’
  4. Screens - you show what app does and what it contains, thats good. On the bad side, you use vertical screens with background that doesn’t look professional and default font. Overall that makes poor impression.
  5. Video - hey youtube viewer? Come on! Who describes themselves that way?! Even if I were on youtube that would make me close the movie right away, on google play it did that to me too. Music is nice and movie dynamic is good as well, just the content needs work.
  6. Description stars - you use too many. You could use 5 stars together to show your app gets good ranks and it has slight subliminal effect, but the general rule is to use fat dot when listing stuff. It just looks better.
  7. ASO could be a bit better - you seem to repeat ‘Easy Letters’ a lot, but you would probably want to rank higher on ‘e-mail templates’ as well.
  8. Requirement for android 4.0+ is pretty strict for such an app, but I guess not much you can do about it right now.
  9. Other than that it’s good, 10k+ downloads, good ratings.

This app daily downloads would probably skyrocket if you invested in proper icon and screens, and then made a new movie content + tweaked aso just a little bit.

I’m using Inkscape for graphics work. The colors I pretty much copied from the other icon. I couldn’t figure out how to do starburst pattern as a background so I just used circular gradient. The frog graphic is a free png from internet.

So it seems you just lack the ‘eye’ for such things … so to speak. You would save a lot of time if you let someone do the icon for you. You can use my services or find someone else for that, but that icon will drag you down.

optimut hes right you should change this icon.
and if you want your game to be even better change this frog, graphics are good but i kinda dislike the frog.
but overall nice graphics

Bronsoner & Jaroslaw,

Thank you for your comments. They are definitely appreciated.
@Jaroslaw, when you say you dislike the frog do you mean the one in the icon and splash screen? What about the one in the game jumping arround on lilypads?

I can vouch for Bronsor :slight_smile: He helped increase my downloads x4. Went from 30-40 a day to 150-200 a day!

Hi Bronsoner,

Can help me take a look at mine as well ? I’m having 1 or 2 downloads a day only, sometimes even 0 downloads. I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.crytrine.avoidgeometry

Regards,
Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Can we move the thread here: App marketing advice FREE - Marketing Methods - Making Money with Android ?

It would help if you provided more data: what you did, when was the app published, screens of google play stats would be great as well.

i was thinking about this ingame frog mostly. in game frog looks little weird and logo frog is making creepy face but i guess its ok. but i dont think if its kind of game you should invest money to redesign

Hi Bronsoner,
would you mind taking a look at my new game I created and provide feedback on my app as well as help for marketing.
Here is a link to my app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kdenhar.kyle.colormatch