App disappeared from ranking! Help!!

Hi @Zapata… Thats ridiculous! Google threat developers / publishers like shit… All my hope has already gone about it… I’ve made the same thing you made… Yesterday tried to make a little changing in store list, trying to trig something, but nothing happens… I’m sure the email I sent them will not have any result too…

here is my story, google published my app yesterday. today i changed signing config(yes I’m dumb :p), then changed some code only. then tried to push that update. after some time, i got mail about “violating intellectual property policy”. i didn’t really get it. b’coz there is nothing like that. then searched on google, came to know that, I changed signing Config, that’s why my update was rejected (yes, I’m totally new in Android), & i got 1 strike. then i used the previous signing configs, uploaded to play. But don’t know what will happen. Though I learned something by mistake. Feeling very bad. :confused: :frowning:

I also have problem with 1 app… I published it and they told me that I’m "“violating intellectual property policy”. They send me info to check for copyrighted works in screens. all screens were made by me, from beginning. I tried to publish it second time and the same… Do u know how many times we can try before ban app?

No idea. Now after seeing your comment, I feel like, this update will also get rejected. If this update get rejected, I’m not going to update again. Feeling very bad.

If you don’t do any change and your screens have been rejected twice I wouldn’t try again ! Try to search your screens on google image to see what results you get, maybe their bot identify one of them as copyrighted material.

I changed the signing config in gradle. I think that was the problem.

edit: again rejected. but thank god, they didn’t ban the app. learned a big lesson. now have to move on to another project.

Seems like everyone is getting problems with Google =(

google sucks :confused:

Yep, they sucks really well!
About my problem - I had 3 warnings about that my screens have copyrighted work. Then I removed every image and do it like this: put one screenshot and click submit. Wait for publish and again add second screen and submit… And now I have the same images which I wanted to put earlier. I dont havy any warning, although earlier with the same images I had “copyright” error:/
Very strange

@toxic @Zapata just a question:

Does your out ranked apps never came back to the charts again after the problem? Because my app has pretty good downloads, even without the top free ranking, so, I was thinking someday it could be in the charts again (if google don’t disturb me again)…
Thanks.

@HighwayMobile my app never came back to the top charts, even with similar downloads. Is dead.

Sad to know that =(
Better move on and concentrate on another app…
Even the 2 days out of ranks gave me about 400 downloads each day… But without climbing the charts again, I think this number will never increase.
Still waiting for a reply from Google…

Yeah Google really don’t give a damn for us:

Thanks for contacting Google Play Developer Support.
Our featured app lists as well as Play Store search results are dynamic in nature. Several factors, including quality, installs and relevance, affect the ranking and placement of apps.
In addition, apps that are deemed unsuitable for a general audience may not be promoted and may be removed from Play featured app lists. As a result, we can’t guarantee that any app will consistently appear in our featured list or index with a particular rank.
You can learn more about how to get discovered on Google Play search in our Help Center:
https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/4448378
Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Hi, guys!

According to your situation, maybe it is caused by the algorithm of Google, which is different from time to time. Sorry I have no idea about solving this problem, but I will recommended some other methods to promote your app, which also can boost your app ranking in short time.

1. test your app:
    Test your app on varied phones to make sure it is suitable for any kind of screen size and the resolution. Besides, test it with different versions, especially with the lower versions. Ensure your app is compatible with a variety of OSes.

2. advertising:
    this is an effective method to increase the exposure rate of your app, and it stills a wonderful way to get more installs of your app. About the methods of advertisement, you can try blog, forum, social media, offline marketing etc.

3. do ASO work:
    ASO is a process of making your app more visible so that the audiences would like to choose your app among other millions of apps. Optimizing the title, icon, description, keywords and other factors of your app to boost your app ranking and get more installs. Indeed, if you have enough budget, you can find a reliable app store optimization company to collaborate.

4. collaborate with others: In other word, this method can be called “cross promotion”. It means that you can advertise your app on the apps that you have published before and have received good responses. Also, you can collaborate with other app developers to advertise your app each other.

5. pre-loaded in app stores:you can pre-loaded your app in app stores to guide the audience to install your app, which can gain much more installs of your app although it will took much money.*

Wish these methods will be useful to you and good luck!