Ads associated with your app must not interfere with other apps or their ads. ??

Hmm well for my banner I get an average 1.64% and for Interstitial I get 4.13%. Again these are perfectly acceptable…

So far it looks to me like none of us have a single thing in common with this violation warning!?

is it possible that his ads interfered with a youtube video that also had a built in ad?

your apps are flooded with ads Alk, this could have been the result of a user complaint

yes I also had youtube videos in my app. Poor user is going to miss them from now on as I don’t want to get my app banned. Had received 5 star reviews for adding those videos.

Having said that, I have an app with only youtube videos and still going good with high download rate and ratings.

Just about all of them have an interstitial upon launch and exit with banners on the bottom. That isn’t really flooding.
Besides, this violation warning is to do with “Ads associated with your app must not interfere with other apps or their ads.”
That has nothing to do with ad volume.
Also loads of us have received this warning on the same day.
Things just aren’t adding up here.

Hi javaexp

Thanks for your input and you too a1ka1ine. Javaexp even though I’m new I check everything, double check everything. The libs only have google admob sdk and youtube api + app compat v7. There are no ther sdks. I have even checked many times to ensure that no traces of any ‘potentially offending’ sdks or traces thereof are in the manifest.

The only real libs and sdks are googles and if they are the problem then something is seriously wrong on their end.

As far as the coding is concerned there are no other imports, snippets etc of any other sdk or ad networks in the java activities. Since I’m not programming games (info apps at the moment), the design, coding and content is kept as simple as possible to avoid such errors. I’m not ruling out what you have said but it seems unlikely. Quite happy to send you a pm with a cut and paste of the coding on some of the activity pages but would prefer not to make them public if you want.

just what i’m afraid of before, even admob is not safe, this must be a fatal bug on newest google algorithm that detect suspend or ban or whatever, @all ad network, please kindly reconsidered other alternative android market, if this keep continuing, android will not have many interested developer, the ecosystem in google play has just become unreliable for long term business, it is just sad

not trying to be disrespectful, by flooded I mean several different ad carriers, not easy to figure out in a situation like that

Could you please specify what all permissions are being used by your application and what all permissions are available in your manifest file. Hope only network permission is available.

I was also wondering if the following is related. I made a post here yesterday re a noticeable downward movement in some of my apps in the google pay store rankings. I thought it was an algorithm change and have noticed that the 3(now) apps were most effected. I know in one of the replies I got there mentioned that there was something of a problem in googles end re applications listing (which doesn’t seem to have been sorted yet BTW).

Possibly it’s coincidental but this may merit checking to see if the rankings of the apps that got notices today have/had suffered ranking displacements. Just possibly some tweaking has occurred and this is the result. From what you guys are saying I can’t see what I have done wrong or what any of you have for that matter - just a suggestion

Damn, if admob isn’t safe, then NO ONE IS SAFE!

And I just started moving all my stuff to AdMob.

Speaking of which, is anyone using the new AdMob SDK that’s integrated with Google Play Services?
Upgrade to the new Google Mobile Ads SDK for Android - Google Ads Developer Blog

I’m not sure I understand how AdMob is now integrated with Google Play. But it looks like it was launched on Oct 31, which was close to when a lot of this recent craziness started (ad network bans, big ranking shifts).
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/google-admob-ads-sdk/obflEHgq_og

yep. The app for which I got notification had slipped 10 places in ranking for a keyword in last 2 days and most of it was due to widdit (I firmly believe this because other app also got ranking issues and as soon as I removed widdit, the other app regained ranking)

Well my app’s download counts are normal and it’s coming up where it always has been in searches…

Hi SisuSisu

Here are the permissions - nothing unusual here I believe

<!-- Required permissions for all ads. This will apply for all ads. →
<uses-permission android:name=“android.permission.INTERNET” />
<uses-permission android:name=“android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE” />

&lt;!-- Optional permissions but highly recommended --&gt;
&lt;uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION" /&gt;
&lt;uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION" /&gt;

&lt;!-- Optional permission use it when your application provide support for Kindle fire devices --&gt;
&lt;uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE" /&gt;

is this warning come with 7 day update notice ? like in some ad policy warning ?

Hi woodenboxlwp

Yes it has. So I de-published all the apps that could potentially be affected as a precaution hence the reason I’m on here

dunno what to say anymore, perhaps there is something about admob sdk that somehow interfer with other running app maybe on the background or something, thus trigger this. hard to check

Yeah 7 day notice here also:

This is a notification that your application, ****, with package ID ****, Is currently in violation of our developer terms.

REASON FOR WARNING: Violation of the Ad-Policy:

Ads associated with your app must not interfere with other apps or their ads.
After a regular review, we have determined that your app contains ad functionality which disrupts or interferes with the usage of other apps or their ads. This is in violation of the policy provision cited above.

Your application will be removed if you do not make modifications to bring it into compliance within 7 days of the issuance of this notification. If you have additional applications in your catalog, please also review them for compliance.

All violations are tracked. Serious or repeated violations of any nature will result in the termination of your developer account, and investigation and possible termination of related Google accounts. If your account is terminated, payments will cease and Google may recover the proceeds of any past sales and the cost of any associated fees (such as chargebacks and payment transaction fees) from you.

Before uploading or publishing any new applications, please review the Developer Distribution Agreement and Content Policy.

The Google Play Team

Only had 1 warning for a small app which is weird as nearly all my other apps work the same way for ads.
I’m just trying to understand what exactly the reason is as so many other developers have had the same warning, but we all have different ad solutions…

Hi again a1ka1ine

Exactly the same What does this mean. Does it mean 3 of these types of warnings and they close your account? is it the same as posts on the forum that talk about suspensions/bans?

I’m not sure on the terms with only “warning” notifications. Google only says that repeat violations will result in account termination and investigation into other accounts. I would assume warnings either are not counted or are allowed more than flat removals. Then again it’s at Google’s discretion…
I guess that we will all just have to make the changes we see fit and hope for the best. I’m doing my best to make contact with someone from Google and post if I’m successful.