Admob June 2015 revenue = just bullshit

Try mobileCore! You will get high eCPM! Anyway, what is the number of your total impressions and the its geos?

Hi gcc,

We’ve been adding high paying campaigns all over the world in the last few weeks. Maybe you want to consider AdBuddiz for your interstitials?
We only display premium ads, with top notch graphics :cool:

If you want more information, feel free to email me: [email protected] or check our website.

Same here. From January, my revenue has steadily dropped with each month on adMob being worse than the previous. I’m almost 40% down in revenue when compared to the same time in 2014.

June has been the worst so far. My downloads are up 10% over last month, but revenue down 40%.

Yeah it really does suck big time, what should we do? release new apps that get 10s of thousands of downloads per day to counteract the revenue decline? this revenue drop is detrimental to a huge amount of developers.

That was my initial reaction. I released a few more apps to offset the loss but the more I release the lower my revenue seems to be. Its as if AdMob has decided what i will earn per month and my ad revenue falls into place with that amount.

An example of the loss of revenue is:
One of my apps last year earned approx $12 per day and had 100-110 installs per day.
This year (no updates to app), same app, 130-150 installs per day = $4 per day. How can that be? More downloads should not = 60% decrease in revenue.

I’m looking elsewhere for an ad network, unfortunately, it appears to be a monopoly.

That’s pretty weird behavior(releasing more apps and getting lower revenue). Where do you place the ads in your app and what kind of ads do you show to get 4 USD for 130 downloads. At the moment, I have an app that is getting 200 downloads per day and I’m getting like 0.50 USD for it, it sucks. I am using a banner and a interstitial ad on app startup.

I use interstitial ads. The $ isnt for downloads, its for ‘clicks’ of the ads. I was merely pointing out that my app became more popular (more downloads) yet revenue dropped. Clicks increased too, but not $.

I launch an interstitial based on user interaction with other buttons etc and by running a tally that launches an interstitial at every ‘x’ clicks of a UI element. Sounds all very techy and impressive until you realize it earns 1/20 th of the minimum wage per hour. I’d make more money spinning a ‘Dominos Pizza’ sign by the side of the road. :slight_smile: