Admob Interstitial ad rules followed, But CTR is still high. Admob is suspending ads

From my understanding, your CTR is still higher then usual might due to your old users didn’t update to latest version yet.

Now look at how Admob suspends ads:

• CTR is one of the flags, but the main concern is the conversion rate (or install rate IR). For example, on advertiser’s side, if the campaign usually get 3% IR (i.e. out of 100 clicks, get average of 3 installs), but the IR of your app is just 0.5%, this alone will make the Admob bot flagged your app, there may be human review, and they may ask for changes.

• If your IR is unreasonable (e.g. 0.1%), Admob will directly suspend your app or ban your account. Follow policies is just one thing, but remember Admob got the absolute right to decide you may use their ads or not in the agreement. This is common sense, your app doesn’t help advertisers, but they need to pay you much, and Google couldn’t figure out the reason, it will just blame you.

So, actually I got no idea what Admob might do, because there are some many flags they used to determine suspension, and it is quite random. But, IMO, your scenario isn’t that worse yet, your CTR is just higher than usual, your fill rate is still high, means that advertisers still choosing your app. While you notice sudden drop in fill rate in Admob, that time you only need to worry.

Let’s see how Admob reply you. If you are still worry, maybe consider to pause the particular ads ID (stop old users for misclick) & replace with new ads ID.

Answered to you on another thread…I will check and let you know…

I got one of my apps suspended by admob before. I think it was because lots of kids had the app and they click on everything and some do not know how to cancel interstitials. So I updated the app to be super careful with how it was showing ints. Then appealed and apologized in the appeal about the whole matter (even though I had really done nothing wrong). They reinstated the app, but I could see that it was still getting high ctr from the kids, so I removed admob and went with a CPI network like Chartboost. CPI networks don’t care about ctr because they only pay for installs.

Do you think despite of following admob ad rules, they can suspend the ads again because of high CTR?

It looks like ridiculous from admob. Its changing the defination of following policies when still some external factor which is in our hands might effect the equation.

Following the policies really doesn’t matter, if you have abnormal CTR or RPM. It will be flagged by their bot, then how they decided if it’s legit or not I don’t know. But I didn’t want to take the chance of it being suspended again, so I went with a CPI advertiser for that particular app.

Mine CTR for that app is varing between 2.5% - 5%

I do not if its toleratable by admob. What about your normal and abnormal CTR percentage?

Here’s the stats for the app that was suspended back when it was running:

You can see my impression CTR was about 7.5%, also very high RPM’s. Admob is pretty good at tracking conversions for their ads now. So I think maybe if your CTR is slightly high, admob will look into how your ads are converting. If the conversion rate is also high then it’s probably not because of mis-clicks and they would take that into consideration, I think.

That was for all interstitial ads. Now that I think back about it, I may have been showing the ads when going from the menu to the game screen and then back to the menu. I think admob sited something like that as an unexpected ad.

@gcc how big is your “Invalid traffic” in “payment” tab? How big it is compared to your earnings?

If you want to avoid this problem. Set timing cap in ad units and lower your ctr. That’s it.

Hi,

Today morning I looked into my income report from yesterday I was shoked - 3 times less… Whata? Then I open my email box and read message from google that in one of my app interstitials ads are wrong implemented and causing accidental clicks. I’m launching interstitials ad without loading screen - so this is the thing. And my CTR is about 3%. This may cause accidental clicks from users.

15.72$ for Nov 1 - Nov 30.
4.37$ for Dec 1 - Dec 31

I hope this is the same info shown under payment tab in adsence settings

better if you use Interstitial ads in the game over screen or after gameover, For violation check if the same page is loaded multiple times which means integration issue.