AdMob and VAT

@Androidbeats, I would suggest you to ask your friend to go to tax office in your city (even better, if another city that may be close) and tell the situation. But not with that numbers of course

@androidbeat - find an accountant, they will help and won’t cost you much.

Man I sit with three accountants and each of them says different story.
and none of them shows a bit of responsibility.
all of the three of them came to the meeting 30 minutes late…
Ridiculous.
They cannot even clarify what I am doing!
so they don’t know how I will be paying taxes.

my main concern is the VAT is I should pay it when I receive my payment from adsense or not ?
Please anybody from europe working with admob ?
anybody here to help me please.

So you have a sole proprietorship or something like that?

Assuming you have:

1. You need to obtain EU VAT number (well, you should already have one before starting doing business with Google Ireland).
  2. You don’t pay any VAT on the payment from adMob/adSense because it is from a different country that is inside EU. Similarly if it was a country outside of EU you wouldn’t pay VAT too, but the accounting would have been easier.
  3. Instead you need to fill and send some form about it - I don’t know the details (because my accountant does all that) and it might vary depending on country, it’s probably done quarterly.

Anyway - your accountants should know about “export of services inside EU” (mentioning that to the accountants might help - you are exporting a service of providing ad space in your application to Google Ireland)- which (at least in my country) it is. If they don’t - change them, don’t pay them for consultation if they don’t know the basics. And maybe go to them, instead of calling them to come to you - that might save you some time because you can check all the accountants in your city.

Keep in mind that I am from Poland and I am describing how it works here, not in Spain - but it should be at least similar.

I heard that Spanish tax law is more complicated than ours though (even though ours is already bollocks).

I find no place on admob Where it asks me to provide a vat number.
What are the risk for receiving payment from admob if I never entred such information ?

My account status shows that I am personal and not business
Maybe that’s why.
Thank you so much for your help guys.

Okay sorry for bringing this thread from the graveyard but it seems at least in Europe things have changed just take a look:
https://support.google.com/admob/answer/4382717?hl=en

For EU developers outside Ireland they say:
“the services provided are subject to the reverse charge mechanism and so VAT is to be accounted for by the recipient, Google Ireland”

I already registered for non vat since i started business last november and then started creating invoices without vat for my small business including now admob, my question is i am required now to register for vat just because of admob???
I also sell some apps on Google Play but i know thats fine because Google handles vat for the app sales my question now is only admob, i thought i was fine because i read here and other places and asked some people about how to do it but after checking that admob support page i am worried now.

I think it was like that since forever. Are you from Europe or outside Europe? If from Europe look for service export laws of your country, the requirement for vat registration may vary per country in this case, ask your local accountant. I am 99% sure you are fine though. “VAT is to be accounted for by the recipient, Google Ireland” - they are the recipient of your service (for which they pay you).