+1 from app

@mind
Why is +1 broken? What’s not working?

By the way, I checked some code I had in my app for directing users to send a message via intent to facebook - and it seemed to work with the facebook app (facebook integration with intents was broken some time back - maybe it’s fixed now ?). Oddly the last screenshot of the app was also listed in that message somehow … don’t understand (maybe I’m missing something).

I wonder if sending voice or video to facebook (like you share a file to e-mail app via intents etc.) - is working now (in standard intent way) for facebook app ?

@Rox : because someone at Google broke it and they then shipped the broken version out. Now we need to wait for the next release cycle.

i don’t really know if facebook can let you upload videos, it should in theory, check its docs. Why are you so skeptical about fb,just create a profile and follow simple lines of code and its all set up for you. I really recommend that because you can be 100 % sure your user did post,did upload,did share what ever you want to. This can never be achieved via intent.

Lol, I guess that’s one way to explain it :wink:
I’m curious, because I’ve been implementing +1 these past couple of days. I haven’t found an issue though (yet?)

@Rox: if you have implemented it… do you see +1 on the screen ? When you click it, does it change to orange and give you totals and say “and you” ?

… because that is what it does on the web… and in Android when working correctly!

@mind
My +1 is white before it’s pressed. Once I press it, it shows a dialog to confirm, and then turns red upon confirmation. The bubble next to it increments by one. When that happens, I can see what I +1’ed on my Google Plus profile.

@Rox: yep, that is what is meant to happen. Should work even if the person is NOT logged into G+ with your app. That part is broken atm. It now ONLY works if the person is logged into G+ with your app…

I see. I guess for now we have to include the sign in button…or just not use +1 at all.
Hope they fix it; sounds way more convenient.