Samsung apps store...

Hi guys,
few days ago I tried to submit my game to Samsung apps store and today they rejected my game.
Anyway I’m happy they reject it because they did a very detailed test on my game and the spot a lot issues I wasn’t aware of.
It’s amazing how they did the job. They test my game against every Samsung devices and they give me a full html report and even 2 videos to show me some specific issues.
I strongly suggest to use it not because of the downloads you maybe get (I imagine few if it’s like Amazon) but you get a testers for free that it’s not bad :slight_smile:

Gabriele

Here you can test your game on Samsung devices: http://rtl.innovator.samsungmobile.com/front/deviceList.action?tabName=hot& - I just discovered it today and already found one problem. :slight_smile:

Hi Magnesus,
have saw my post of yesterday about that?

Gabriele

Very probably. :slight_smile: Don’t remember though, I’m always in a hurry.

This here is really awesome. I found this two weeks ago and now can’t imagine my life without it.

Looks amazing! Unfortunately I can’t get it to work for me right now, but I definitely think the concept of virtual testing devices is the way to go. There’s no way we can all afford to buy 400 devices for testing apps!

Thanks for the tip Megasoft! I submitted 2 of my games to the samsung store, hoping for some free testing also ;). One of my games has passed testing and one is still being tested. But I can’t find the test report for the game that passed. Do you know if they only give you a report if it fails? Surely it didn’t pass for every device they have (I submitted it for every device). Did you get the report by email, or by the samsung seller website?

If it fails you get a report. I don’t remember how thorough it was, but it helped me fix one issue with my game. You will get an e-mail for sure (but the report might be on the site - don’t remember).

Hi XdebugX,
You get that report from website only if app got rejected.
Anyway yesterday I got 44 downloads for my game that is not bad :slight_smile:
XdebugX why don’t you join us on irc?

44 downloads from Samsung store alone?

I logged onto freenode the other night and registered my nick with nickserv. Haven’t had time to get on and chat much yet though. Will try to come chat with yall when I can find the time :wink:

Hi XdebugX,
yes 44 downloads just SamsungApps but they were from the day before. Yesterday I got 87 downloads from SamsungApps.
It looks promising but we need to see in case is just something temporary.

Speak to you soon on irc,
Gabriele

So how many downloads have you got from Samsung appstore? How do the downloads compare to other appstores like SlideME and Amazon?

Since I submitted my app in Nov. I’ve been averaging about 450 downloads per month. With of a total of 1056 downloads. I haven’t uploaded this app to any other marketplaces. But I have another app on getjar and it has gotten 1459 downloads since november. But I must say, this app on getjar is one of my more popular apps than the one I uploaded to samsung.

I got over 300 downloads for a live wallpaper the first day on Samsung appstore. Much better than what I expected. It seems like this appstore has more users than Amazon.

great results!! iwas thinking about adding my apps on the Samsung store - now you give me one more reason:) thanks and good luck

How much time does the certification process take?