Google Content Policy - Repetitive content

Hello everyone,
I’ve just received an email from Google telling me that one of my apps violates developer terms and I have 7 days to comply. Here’s what they say:

REASON FOR WARNING: Violation of the spam provisions of the Content Policy.

• Do not post repetitive content.
  • Product descriptions should not be misleading or loaded with keywords in an attempt to manipulate ranking or relevancy in the store’s search results.
    Your application will be removed if you do not make modifications to your application’s description to bring it into compliance within 7 days of the issuance of this notification.

As far as I can understand the reason they think the app description is loaded with keywords, I seriously have no idea what does the “Do not post repetitive content” refers to. Does it mean there are other apps like this in the market? Mine was first, most innovative and is the most popular in its category. Or maybe it’s because something is repeating in the description (well, it isn’t)?

So the question is - what is that point of Content Policy referring to? I seriously hate Google for not having a customer support. There’s no one to contact to ask for details.

It would help if you gave link to your app or pasted the description.

indeed … :slight_smile:

My guess is that they find your description in violating of the terms. Maybe you have a large description filled with keywords but without being usefull information. Some descriptions even use a keyword section, that might not be allowed.