Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

adnroid ad network advice?

Hello, I am new to android dev and am working at an mp3 downloader app.

I ve sniffed an other famous app and find out it's using leadbolt, for the moment that's the Ad Network my app is using (still in dev though)

I would like to have you opinions about it, and possibly tell me the best (financialy talking) ad network for this kind of app (that won't ban me and take back all my money for rules infractions or such, as even if this app should be used to download copyleft mp3 only, I do not manage the database).

Also, I see al your guys talking about changing ad network all the time, but once your app is uploaded on the play store and installed by a user, you won't have any way to change the ad network on it right? Or is there a trick? (please tell me there is!)

Thank you, and congratulations for this cool forum.
    message:Hello, I am new to android dev and am working at an mp3 downloader app.

I ve sniffed an other famous app and find out it's using leadbolt, for the moment that's the Ad Network my app is using (still in dev though)

I would like to have you opinions about it, and possibly tell me the best (financialy talking) ad network for this kind of app (that won't ban me and take back all my money for rules infractions or such, as even if this app should be used to download copyleft mp3 only, I do not manage the database).

Also, I see al your guys talking about changing ad network all the time, but once your app is uploaded on the play store and installed by a user, you won't have any way to change the ad network on it right? Or is there a trick? (please tell me there is!)

Official AppNext Representative
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Hi cris90,

Welcome to this forum.

2 general comments on your post:
    1. always be integrated with more then 1 network. You have to be prepared to switch them if the network suddenly has technical issues, payment issues, low eCPMs, etc... never trust only 1 network.
    2. As far as I know, you can integrate a few SDK's of ad networks and simply switch them 'on' and 'off' as desired, without having to upload a new version to Google Play.

Now, having said that - appnext has the best performing interstitial today. We have a unique interstitial that increases eCPM by letting the user email the offer to his email adress. We are working with mp3 download apps with great results. I can email them privately.

At any case - good luck!
    Appnext - leading monetization and app distribution platform. Full Control, full transparency

Email me or ping me on Skype (yoni_raveh).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan View Post
    Hi cris90,

Welcome to this forum.

2 general comments on your post:
    1. always be integrated with more then 1 network. You have to be prepared to switch them if the network suddenly has technical issues, payment issues, low eCPMs, etc... never trust only 1 network.
    2. As far as I know, you can integrate a few SDK's of ad networks and simply switch them 'on' and 'off' as desired, without having to upload a new version to Google Play.

Now, having said that - appnext has the best performing interstitial today. We have a unique interstitial that increases eCPM by letting the user email the offer to his email adress. We are working with mp3 download apps with great results. I can email them privately.

At any case - good luck!
    Thank you for the fast reply.

I will check what appnext is offering in term of payment, also yes, that sound stupid but I haven t thought about disabling the ads from the web panel

4. Likes MDesigns liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Sorry, but hearing that from appnext representative is little tricky for me and doesn't hold to much value. Every ad network say that THEIR is the best. The best of the best fro mthe best in the best...and so on. Bestest. Maybe some other appnext users will say about their experiences with this?

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan View Post
    Hi cris90,

Now, having said that - appnext has the best performing interstitial today.

6. Likes MDesigns liked this post
    Official AppNext Representative
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klang View Post
    Sorry, but hearing that from appnext representative is little tricky for me and doesn't hold to much value. Every ad network say that THEIR is the best. The best of the best fro mthe best in the best...and so on. Bestest. Maybe some other appnext users will say about their experiences with this?
    You are right. Pretty sure every network will have a similar claim. That's why I recommended Cris90 never to trust only 1 network

And yes, I'd love to hear about developers working with appnext. We are not perfect, of course, but I do think we currently have a good product and service, and one of the best (yes, best) payment terms in the industry.
    Appnext - leading monetization and app distribution platform. Full Control, full transparency

Email me or ping me on Skype (yoni_raveh).

8. Likes Pharaoh, A1ka1inE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klang View Post
    I can definitely say appnext is much better than mobilecore and startapp, they pay weekly me on time

10. Likes jonathan, MDesigns liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muratsayin View Post
    I can definitely say appnext is much better than mobilecore and startapp, they pay weekly me on time

What about his ecpm & fill rate .....?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hello_user View Post
    What about his ecpm & fill rate .....?
    Their ecpm is usually more than 3 and I think their fill rate is %100 because they have a lot advertisers which give their ads to them

13. Likes jonathan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cris90 View Post
    Hello, I am new to android dev and am working at an mp3 downloader app.

message:Hello, I am new to android dev and am working at an mp3 downloader app.

App Next is good with interstitials but I really would look into Airpush and Admob as well. I have an eCPM of $1.45 with Airpush and $1.15 with Admob.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Airpush/Startapp report less number of impressions. At least Appnext reporting is correct as of now.

16. Likes jonathan, muratsayin liked this post