Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: +1 from app

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

+1 from app

I have implemented a +1 feature which links to my gp page, i have 40000 active users , and just around 400 +1's. it unlocks certain stuffs from my app, but it still only has 450 +1s. Im a bit confused because im sure that not only 10% of users want to unlock features for free. Has anyone implemented a +1 button inside the app before?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by protonsavy View Post
    I have implemented a +1 feature which links to my gp page, i have 40000 active users , and just around 400 +1's. it unlocks certain stuffs from my app, but it still only has 450 +1s. Im a bit confused because im sure that not only 10% of users want to unlock features for free. Has anyone implemented a +1 button inside the app before?
    Well, some here have suggested that having a +1 button works (well it can't HURT or REDUCE G+ numbers, so it MUST by definition "help").

The question is how valuable it is - and whether it is worth the effort - since the +1 coding is not all that simple (from what I have understood).

Your ratio from your above numbers seems to be:

G+ / Active Users = 400/4000 = 0.01

----
    I think there was a thread where we discussed the G+ ratio (to total downloads).

The ratios for 2 of my apps - the G+ / Active Users and G+ / Ratings maybe more "stable" numbers in that you are only looking at a subset of users who are somewhat interested in the app (so these numbers maybe stable for apps with low or high Active User / Total Download ratios as well) - by "stable" I mean in order of magnitude kind of way (as you can see with even my 2 apps which are somewhat similar the numbers vary a bit):

App1:
    G+ / Total Downloads = 0.0087
    G+ / Active Users = 0.092
    G+ / Ratings = 3.56
    Ratings / Total Downloads = 0.0025
    Ratings / Active Users = 0.026
    Active Users / Total Downloads = 0.095

App2:
    G+ / Total Downloads = 0.005
    G+ / Active Users = 0.056
    G+ / Ratings = 2.72
    Ratings / Total Downloads = 0.0024
    Ratings / Active Users = 0.020
    Active Users / Total Downloads = 0.119

It is clear that App1 has more "talkability" or social relevance - thus G+ numbers (which is suggestive of sharing vs. say ratings alone) are higher for App1.

Oddly the Ratings / Total Downloads figure is very "stable" i.e. nearly both are 0.0024-0.0025. And a possible reason for this maybe that Ratings/Comments are generally made by BOTH people who like your app AND those who hate it - so it may better represent the Total Downloads number.

I would guess that this number maybe "stable" - around this 0.0025 number for many many apps - and thus maybe a "universal constant".

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Also note: G +1 is currently broken by Google. They plan to push an update out on Dec 5th (completed by Dec 10th) that will fix it.
    SVEN Studios Corp
    WordHero - realtime multiplayer 4x4 grid word game
    Anagram Hero - realtime multiplayer Anagram finding word game
    WordSearch Hero - realtime multiplayer Wordsearch word game
    Math Hero - realtime multiplayer Math game
    Avatar Hero - Create your own Avatar

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    @adforandroidapps - thanks alot mate , thats a great insight, my numbers arent really "THAT" bad after all ...! but my question (sorry i did not mention it clearly before) is more to the development side , basically i have provided my apps GP url in the +1 button, so basically thats the right link to paste right?
    @mind - I have faced issues in .setActions() stuff... and checking if user has +1'd or not...are those the break downs you are referring to?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    The numbers I quoted are for where the user is NOT being incentivized to G+ etc. or any button from within the app - these are just the numbers when nothing is done at the app end.

With incentive or a button on screen I suspect the numbers will be much more favorable.

I looked at the procedure for implementing g+ button on screen etc. - and it was a bit more complicated than I expected - but it's supposed to be doable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I do have an intensive , it unlocks app content, i think I'm not making it too obvious, it'll make that part bigger and bolder , and i'll tell you the numbers i am getting

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by protonsavy View Post
    I do have an intensive , it unlocks app content, i think I'm not making it too obvious, it'll make that part bigger and bolder , and i'll tell you the numbers i am getting
    Do you have a good link for implementing a G+ button - or something better than the google developer page ?

For Facebook is the best way (simplest one) to (using intent) just launch the url for one's facebook page - so user can click on the like button etc. ? This would be for a "like us to earn 100 coins" type of button perhaps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    This is how you do it with Android: https://developers.google.com/+/mobi...roid/recommend

It is ridiculously simple... and it is currently broken. Just a damn pity you need to include the 700kb Google Play Services library which also includes a version of Admob that is not compatible with MoPub.....

Google says they will fix GPS in early Dec.
    Mopub says they will make their SDK GPS compatible in Jan/Feb.

Neither of those dates are official commitments.... just an internal employee telling what they current thinking is internally.
    SVEN Studios Corp
    WordHero - realtime multiplayer 4x4 grid word game
    Anagram Hero - realtime multiplayer Anagram finding word game
    WordSearch Hero - realtime multiplayer Wordsearch word game
    Math Hero - realtime multiplayer Math game
    Avatar Hero - Create your own Avatar

9. Likes adforandroidapps liked this post
    Thanks adforandroidapps thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I think he's already tried that , although even i have done the same also , I have just copy pasted the code from the link mind posted , if you want an example i can pm you my g+ activity.
    @mind , just to check if i am correct , this is the real way to do right?

1) implement This code

2) then implement this

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adforandroidapps View Post
    Do you have a good link for implementing a G+ button - or something better than the google developer page ?

For Facebook is the best way (simplest one) to (using intent) just launch the url for one's facebook page - so user can click on the like button etc. ? This would be for a "like us to earn 100 coins" type of button perhaps.
    If you make a user launch fb to like your page, you have no guarantee that user will actually like it , so its surefire way. Maybe you can make the user post a message with your fb page link embedded inside it. This way you surely know that your social promo works well.