First Income Report [Call Filter Plus]

[font=Courier]Hi,

This is my first month report for my new app Call Filter Plusfor about 1 month it has been on android market.

[attachment=118]

Pretty abysmall :@ , but considering it is just a first cut i put up to test waters for how a product works, it has been a learning experience.

I have ~50 installs (10 active) on the google app store. Apart from that, I have about 200 downloads(unknown active installs) through other alternative stores and means (getjar, etc.)

Now I have a dilemma. Since putting up the first version i have now significantly updated the functionality so that users wil actually be interested in keeping this app for long on their android (hopefully:) )

So should I update the new apk to the current product as a new version

OR

Make a completely new product and release it under a new name. Here I will get the limelight of a new app but risk losing a small existing userbase. Can someone with similar experience throw light on it.

callfilterplus.png

Thanks for sharing your figures here. Everyone has to start small, and what you’ve got there is very similar to my first app when I started last year. If you can make it a learning experience, then the money doesn’t matter so much. It will grow with time.

I’d recommend just updating your current APK. You’ve got some good reviews there, which will help encourage people to download your app. A new app wouldn’t benefit from the same positive ratings, so may get less installs. Of course, you could always change the name of the existing app if you want to play around with targeting some new keywords.

Since there’s no “Just In” section in Google Play, the only reason you would release a new app is if you thought you might reach the “Top New Free” apps list. And for that you’d need thousands of installs a day :slight_smile:

Better off continuing to update this app IMHO. Once you’ve released a few more apps, you will be able to cross-promote between them and help this one get more installs too.

Thanks a lot . It was a real help coming from an experienced person like you.
Has made my decision easier.

what ad network is this?

looks like admob.

And for that you’d need thousands of installs a day

really? i have seen a lot of apps in the “top new free” (in my region) with only a few downloads like currently this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=djc.dev.emshot&feature=apps_topselling_new_free#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLG51bGwsImRqYy5kZXYuZW1zaG90Il0.
i think it’s totally random.

my current (first) game https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.madgoose.game is online since 12 june and i have very very few downloads from google play, almost all downloads are from slideme.
is this normal?

is a exponential growth from 100 to 100000 downloads possibile also months after a low downloadrate? or should i bury my current game completly and work 100% at my new games?

I wouldn’t totally give up on it. Keep submitting review requests to blogs and review sites. If you luck up and a popular site likes your app you could get a good spurt of downloads. Possibly once you have some downloads people will show their friends and it could grow exponentially. This is why I always try to get a good “Seed” user base when I release an app, even If I have to pay for a review from sites like androidtapp.com. If you do nothing, it’s not likely your going to ever get many downloads unless you luck up with a unique app that people are searching for. I wouldn’t spend all my time on the app if its not doing well, I’d push on to new projects. Each new app can benefit from your existing apps through in-house adds and even just the exposure of the Play store showing the developers other apps. So I wouldn’t give up on it completely but I woudn’t dwell on one app either.

it is admob.
looks like your apk is too big 15MB . users may not want to wait this long to dld an app maybe you could look at resizing the graphics.
[hr]

it is admob.
looks like your apk is too big 15MB . users may not want to wait this long to dld an app maybe you could look at resizing the graphics.