Ads associated with your app must not interfere with other apps or their ads. ??

Hi

Just got a warning on one of my apps today and am looking fo any
suggestions as to what to door what it applies to.

The app is a video ‘tutorial app’. It uses the current youtube v2 api to
display videos.

I use admob banner and interstitial. I have a video play list page that
has banner and interstitial come up (interstitial delay 7 seconds as per
admob suggestion). There is no ads on the video playing page.

My only thought is that the interstitial comes ‘over’ the banner ad
after the 7 seconds. The interstitial does not come up when the video(s)
play nor does the banner.

So not too happy about this.

Any feedback before I change the app would be appreciated:)

The same “must not interfere with other apps or their ads”? use only banner and exit interstitial.
Please help what to do?

You guys only using admob and got this warning? What??? That doesn´t even make sense! On the Apps banned for System Interference thread we thought it was AppWiz problem now i am not so sure… What is going on?

not admob. Appflood,mobilecore

Okay but you are only using in app ads right? The thread creator says he is only using admob!

Hi Steve

You’re right I’m only using admob.

This is my first warning. Am I right in thinking that you only get 3 warnings and then your account gets banned or is more to do with suspensions? As a precaution I have taken down 7 other apps that are similar .

I am fairly new to this - so potentially no income this weekend re apps:(

Edit: The ads are all in app - no exit ads

To me exit ads are still in-app, because they appear BEFORE You exit the app, not after.

I got the same warning, but I thought it must be AppWiz as I’m only using Admob and AppWiz in the app in question.

I call an Admob Interstitial upon launch and an AppWiz OfferWall upon exit. Really need to find out what exactly Google is getting at here.

I thought that it was because I had a video app and google/youtube may not like that. There are plenty of other competitors using the same type of format - what I’ve noticed as well that ‘they’ use out of app ads i.e. I even uninstalled one and an ‘ad’ came up and they are still there.

It seems the big ‘G’

For the life of me I can’t understand why when the interstitial ad is like yours a1kaiine it comes up 7 seconds after the page loads, admob interstitials have a clear close button and as I said it loads to a youtube v2 api playlist (no ads) then to what ever video selected (no ads).

So it begs the questions:-

Does

(1) Google hate videos embedded in apps?
(2) Only videos (this one has content AND videos)?
(3) The number of ads (each classification page/activity for videos has an interstitial/banner)
(4) The ads are completely in-app?

So WTF this is a right lemon!!

Hi

Another question for anyone reading this thread.

This app is also in Amazon - do I need to disable it there as well??

If you don’t even call an ad upon exit then the only thing I can see in common between everyone that’s received these notifications is that we use interstitial ads inside the app…

This is very weird since we all have the same notification and yet have very different circumstances. They also targeted one of my tiny apps and none of my other ones.

No you don’t, since the notification is only for Google Play. However if your app does get removed from Google Play then they might disable the Admob ads for the app.
If your Amazon version is using the same IDs then it will stop showing ads too.

I received it for one of my app. Action points (from my side only)

1. Remove Homebase
  2. Remove admob interstitial (as it could be getting displayed more than 5 times due to click of a button in the app) – This I am doing in other apps and haven’t received any notification for those so far so this might not be reason.
  3. Stop reloading the admob banner using new AdRequest() as soon as user presses a particular button (show next part of content).
  1. Hmm well I don’t have HomeBase in my app. The only out of app thing is AppWiz’s homepage change.
  2. I am only showing 1 Admob Interstitial and 1 AppWiz Offerwall.
  3. My banner just refreshes every 45 seconds.

Surely we can’t all have different reasons for this notification!? It doesn’t make any sense.

That’s what I’ve posted here.

On looking at some of my stats one of my eCPMs for the ‘warned’ app was $82.50. How this got so high I don’t know. Possibly some alarm bells went off. Might be an idea to check on interstitial eCPMs and see if there is some correlation here. just possibly the big G has got it’s pricing wrong and rather than screw the advertisers for their mistake they are ‘screwing us’ instead

So the common thing “out of app” stuff.

Well pb1 isn’t using out of app stuff?

My eCPM for banner is $1.14 and my eCPM for Interstitial is $3.26. They are strong figures, but by no means above what is naturally achievable.

A1ka1ine, what i have noticed is a ctr above 5% consistently for the ad. I just got another warning for a similar ad and it has a similar ctr BUT lower eCPM about $4. maybe this is ctr related

edit ad should be app (sorry)

pb1 is new to android dev as per one of his post in this thread. I believe he must have messed up with interstitial some where or might have some orphaned out of app sdk lying in his libs folder or those usual out of app services/receiver in his manifest.

Without looking at his code, I can’t say anything.