Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Google's new ads policy

Today Google announced its new ads policy. Some regulations are pretty obvious. One of their rules is that ads may not interfere with device functionality. This would mean that showing an ad after pressing the backbutton is prohibited. So from now on 'exit' ads seem banned. This will affect a lot of developers. I do not have real exit ads, but I have exit 'cross selling'; I propagate my own apps on exit with an interstitial, like "thank you for using this app". Also by this developer blah blah. Would advertising one's own apps on exit also be considered as 'interfering with device functionality?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I think exit ads are banned officially from Google play..some thing not good for many developers also me..One of my app with exit ads generates about $80-100 daily..Google particularly given instructions about exit ads so i need to remove that ad unit..I have a small question about this My app presently doesn't have a splash screen so i want to design a splash with enter button and which navigates user to app and then user uses the app and press back button and ad shown to the user after dismissing the ad user goes to splash screen there he can press back button and exit app without ad..is this work guys..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Shouldn't they at least give a deadline to update our Apps to the policy changes? I couldn't find any mention to that.

I guess using backpress to trigger an Interstitil when going back from a secondary Activity to the Main Activity isn't allowed as well.

EDIT: lol, they sent me email (with deadline) about this to the support email I use to display on Google Play instead of the proper registered email of the GP account...
    Why the **** they didn't show it in the Announcements in the dev console is behind me...
    Last edited by tacchan23; 2016-03-02 at 03:19 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    By the way: "Ads must not simulate or impersonate the user interface of any app, notification, or warning elements of an operating system."
    So having a button in the User Interface to go to a next level/activity/action can show an Interstitial? which will lead to the next level/activity/action only when dismissed?

5. Likes NokiaDev liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tacchan23 View Post
    Shouldn't they at least give a deadline to update our Apps to the policy changes? I couldn't find any mention to that.

I guess using backpress to trigger an Interstitil when going back from a secondary Activity to the Main Activity isn't allowed as well.

EDIT: lol, they sent me email (with deadline) about this to the support email I use to display on Google Play instead of the proper registered email of the GP account...
    Why the **** they didn't show it in the Announcements in the dev console is behind me...
    I got the same to they didn't send it to my GP mail..I got this mail to my support mail ..seems I have to update apps from today..with mobilecore errors now this..so much work for us..

7. Likes tacchan23, A1ka1inE, mmmkkksss liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I worry about this:
    "Inappropriate Ads
    The ads shown within your app must be appropriate for the intended audience of your app, even if the content by itself is otherwise compliant with our policies. "
    Admob may OK but other network seem have problem. If ads not meet the policy, they can remove our app.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    By the way: "Ads must not simulate or impersonate the user interface of any app, notification, or warning elements of an operating system."
    So having a button in the User Interface to go to a next level/activity/action can show an Interstitial? which will lead to the next level/activity/action only when dismissed?
    These are the questions exactly I am looking to get answers..Do you know how to contact Google support directly so I can ask them about these...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hackformore View Post
    I worry about this:
    "Inappropriate Ads
    The ads shown within your app must be appropriate for the intended audience of your app, even if the content by itself is otherwise compliant with our policies. "
    Admob may OK but other network seem have problem. If ads not meet the policy, they can remove our app.
    This particular policy has always been effective. And it involves AdMob too.
    I received 2 warnings in the past year about Ads shown in the App not being appropriate to the maturity level of the App.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NokiaDev View Post
    These are the questions exactly I am looking to get answers..Do you know how to contact Google support directly so I can ask them about these...
    Sadly it's impossible to contact Google directly to ask those kind of questions. It would need some bigger developer with own account manager maybe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Sadly it's impossible to contact Google directly to ask those kind of questions. It would need some bigger developer with own account manager maybe.
    I tried asking them via developer console about policy ..Let's see they can respond via these mails or ignore..We have 30 days..I will update apps after 10 days..