Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Maintaining revenue

Hello, I am new young game developer, recently published my first game/app ever (4 weeks ago) it is a high quality game.

Currently having 1.600.000 downloads (67% active) and 150-200k daily installs.

My current daily revenue is above: $removed

(banner, interstitials + rarely video interstitials, generally my ads are rather not intrusive)

I am really high in top free charts, in few European countries even first, also quite high in top free overall categories, but obviously here is my concern..

One month in the market is slowly passing, so obviously I will notice drop in all statistics, I would like to ask some questions, how to maintain stable revenue stream (obviously expecting such amounts is rather not practical, but still some tips might be useful)

Cheers.
    Last edited by Matthewek; 2013-11-05 at 10:53 PM.

2. Likes adforandroidapps, wahidc liked this post
    Thanks adforandroidapps, wahidc thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    your game construction city is unique. Upload 1-2 variants. Follow what Rovio/Diseny is doing. Read some appreneur book (one I can recommend is by Chad Mureta)

4. Dislikes Magnesus, Ryan disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthewek View Post
    Hello, I am new young game developer, recently published my first game/app ever (4 weeks ago) it is a high quality game.

Currently having 1.600.000 downloads (67% active) and 150-200k daily installs.

My current daily revenue is above: $removed

(banner, interstitials + rarely video interstitials, generally my ads are rather not intrusive)

I am really high in top free charts, in few European countries even first, also quite high in top free overall categories, but obviously here is my concern..

One month in the market is slowly passing, so obviously I will notice drop in all statistics, I would like to ask some questions, how to maintain stable revenue stream (obviously expecting such amounts is rather not practical, but still some tips might be useful)

Cheers.
    One way is obviously to rotate money back into advertising of your game and gain more downloads. With the numbers you got, you will only fall out of "top new free" lists but will remain in "top free" list if that is where you positioned yourself already.
    $0.08 CPI in USA, non-incentive installs, real users, real players.
    Instagram Shoutouts for Mobile Apps & Games!
    Learn How to Setup Instagram Campaigns here https://shoutcartblog.wordpress.com/...pps-and-games/

6. Likes A1ka1inE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I wouldn't upload more variants if I were you - you will be competing with yourself then and your current game might drop in the lists. When you have such popular game it isn't in my opinion worth it. That opinion is based on a fact that most good earners here earn most of their revenue from one or two games only.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I think I just will need to wait till they will kick me out from top new categories, and see how big impact it will generace (negative obviously) and based on conclusions, will need to make proper moves, thanks for responses by the way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Maybe some time later issue an "App 2" - or a variant of your app with new theme etc. That seems to be a common way - sure this won't happen every month (to keep one of your apps in top new free) but it gives you ability to keep your game "fresh" perhaps (I am assuming Google has some method which makes stagnant apps slowly fade away - or perhaps from the pressure of new apps coming up all the time).

This earlier (2009) set of responses:
    iphone - What are your experiences selling on the Android Market? - Stack Overflow

suggest that apps which were doing great slowly slide - now this was 2009 and people are saying they slid out out top lists over time and revenue dropping - however current Google Play maybe different. I have seen apps in various sub-categories seem to retain their position. So Google DOES seem to value the "maturity" of an app as well (which maybe one of the things they may have discussed internally - how to ensure that strong developers continue to get revenue to justify long-term commitment).

For games (as opposed to utility apps etc. which may have better value with time as they become well known - like Titanium Backup etc.) - for games there maybe more attrition as they have to share in new downloads - plus games tend to target a user base which is seeking novelty - so I suspect with games there maybe a pressure to keep updating the app. Would be interesting to know how your app proceeds and how/if-any attrition is seen over months.

Thanks for sharing.

10. Likes Matthewek liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I always update adding new levels when I see a game stagnating. Sometimes works wonders.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    If possible, I would focus on adding more content to said game. The first Angry birds game only featured 100 levels or so. They built and built upon that as their success blossomed and today there are almost countless levels across the series.

Naturally I don't just mean 'add more levels', but maybe introduce alternate game modes or new features that extend the lifetime of the game for users. You more loyal ones will soak the content up greatly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Add some IAP to your game.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I was thinking about adding IAP, but failed with ideas before publishing my first game, though in sequel I will do it for sure, as its another great stream of revenue.