Anybody tried reporting push ads apps

There are many apps who are retaining no.1 spot on play store because they were released earlier (like 1-2 years back) with push/icon ads and the developer never cared to send an update for the app.
So has anyone tried reporting apps on play store which use push/icon ads (specially your competitor apps :smiley: )

I tried reporting one of my competitor app with reason as “Other objection” but play store crashed. Will try on another device.

I don’t mean to judge your practices, but that in particular sounds really desperate, man.

And why is that?
So you have a competitor not playing by the rules and you happily let him take users(revenue) from you? Ok…

The fact that a competitor doesn’t play by the rules doesn’t mean he has your users or is taking anything from you. That’s an excuse for having a product/app that isn’t able to ourtrank others by itself.

Have you seen some of the crap that ranks top for it’s category/keywords? Take Fart Soundboards for example. They are a total novelty and dead easy to develop. Check out the app at the number 1 spot: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kauf.soundboard.baum.FartSoundBoard

This piece of crap is absolutely riddled with ads and upsells. They’ve chucked in as many extras and “games” as they could, resulting in a polluted mess that hardly does the job you’d actually expect. Now go and check out the same apps, but lower down the list of results. Many of them are exactly what you’d want.
The main reason this app is at the top spot is due to it’s age. It was one of the first Fart apps and so almost none of the later attempts have knocked it out of place.
I know this is a low-end niche, but the concept spreads widely across Google Play.

Just because someone has the top spot doesn’t mean they deserve it. If they are also breaking the rules then they deserve what’s coming to them more, since they already have the most exposure.
There are tons of great apps that can’t and haven’t outranked their competition. That doesn’t mean they are worse than their competition.

As I mentioned in my first post, I have raised objection for one of my competitor app for icon ads. The app has not been updated since 1 year. I am keeping a watch if Google takes any action. If it does go down, I will let you guys know and you can also take that path.

For anyone thinking that its not ethical, do read @A1ka1inE post above (specially the point about age and inferior in quality)

interested to see what happens, please keep us posted!

Keep up posted javaexp

15 days later. Google hasn’t taken any action. The app has good content and is getting good reviews daily.

Be careful with the karma :cool:

This forum is teaching me so many skills. Economics, Marketing, Programming, Philosophy, Religion, …
Well, I am sure I have bad karma in my life (or from previous life as they say) but I am 100% sure that I am correct here bcoz:

1. The rules forbid using push/icon ads
  2. Not following the rules contributes to bad karma
  3. Making sure others follow the rules contributes to good karma

Do let me know if my understanding of karma is wrong.

When someone continue breaks the rules, he must understand the risk. This has nothing to do with karma.

@javaexp a single report does nothing, use BadApps: BadApps

oh so thats where to cool kids hang out… reddit!

Indeed. Reporting a policy-breaching app there is the equivalent of throwing it into a hornets’ nest.