Admob: received call from Admob India official.

yesterday I received call from Admob India. I am eager to know that does anyone else also received such call regarding monetization?
its surprising for us, as google generally dont entertain emails so why they call us. or is it due to high earning.
Yes it was authentic call from google admob. as later we received mail from admob regarding that call.

please share your experiences.

What did they tell you?

They assigned a account manager for us. and told to call her directly for any queries regarding admob.
also talked about mediation and interstitial ad formats.

how large is your earnings dude ? haha :smiley:

Google called me to include my app in their Adsense program, this was in 09 before they purchased admob. And then they banned me a year later and froze my earnings for last 2 months.

When will be admob supported in India? I still dont see the upgrade button. :frowning:

Don’t ask that. Let google fix the bugs with other countries and then launch a fixed version for India.

Till then what Ad network are you using?

Ironically now you are on their radar. Its not always good. I still remember since in 2010 when my adsense account was huge they assigned me a new account manager from their India team. He used to chat with me on email and call. Later, they banned me out of nowhere. This “account manager” suddenly became non-reachable.

It doesn’t help you with anything but worst part is it brings undue attention to your apps and accounts. Your account manager will be poking into your account more than you and recommend you every week for new things to “optimize” something but later it turns out to be too aggressive and they slap you hard for their own mistakes.

I wish you Good Luck though

Hello.
Is your account still running nicely? ?

Hello. Is your account still tl running nicely?

I also received such call around seven month back,
and my account is still active and the advice given was very helpful

A call from google means they are now putting your account in danger zone. The last time they assigned me the rep, my account banned in 2 months.

Its always better to be not noticed by them. Its funny but true.

I have just received an e-mail inviting me to a phone consultation from adMob. Anyone received similar e-mail? Is it safe to ignore, or should I comply?

PS. It seems to have been an automated message because it says I get “better results” while in reality every month I have worse results because I have moved most of my traffic out of adMob (and my apps are in decline because of their age). :slight_smile: So ignoring such e-mail shouldn’t hurt.

I got the same email a few days ago. I don’t think I will call them lol.

I was receiving an email from them every two months for 6 or so months but I ignored them all. No problems so far, but I hate the fact, that we all need to be so scared all the time. :slight_smile: I’m switching my business to Amazon & Samsung more and more. Amazon has an amazing customer support and if you manage to produce a good app that you can sell, it can bring as much or even more money, than Google.

I have just received a call. They invited me to some conference that I don’t have time to attend to so I refused. But they said they will call me again in the next quarter (why not to talk about admob and “good practises” and how to raise the revenue and mentioned that they see not all of those good practises are maintained (I assume in my case, he was probably looking at my account), so I suppose I have to be ready for a sudden ban. My apps don’t break any policies but I have banners shown during gameplay which they might not like I suppose.

@Magnesus, are you from India?

No, Poland.

Some update: I had another call. This time they mostly asked me to use interstitials. To be honest I am not that convinced to them though, users hate them but I will probably try to add them to some of my apps just to get them off my head…