Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Why some developers need new Accounts...

SVEN Studios Corp
    WordHero - realtime multiplayer 4x4 grid word game
    Anagram Hero - realtime multiplayer Anagram finding word game
    WordSearch Hero - realtime multiplayer Wordsearch word game
    Math Hero - realtime multiplayer Math game
    Avatar Hero - Create your own Avatar

2. Likes Skurry, Magnesus, apten, mmmkkksss, samdonly1 and 1 others liked this post
    Thanks adforandroidapps thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    google is very poor in fighting fraud. Given they hire the best talent, they have not been able to stop invalid clicks from adsense ads and now that has spill over to play store.

4. Likes georgiecasey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Interesting to read the Google link to report an app:

https://support.google.com/googlepla...ntact/takedown

it includes "Third Party Market" or "Third Party Store" as reasons for flagging also ..

Which some users could use for things like (which might be legitimate):

- Tapjoy/GetJar
    - Amazon products being sold through your app (even though they are physical goods)

Outlined in more detail here:

https://play.google.com/about/develo...t-policy.html#

If your app is removed, they give a link to use to contact (why doesn't e-mail work for Google or via the Google Developer Console - suddenly developers are kicked out of the system altogether ?):

Policy Enforcement
    In the event that your application is removed from Google Play, you will receive an email notification to that effect. If you have any questions or concerns regarding a removal or a rating/comment from a user, you may contact us at http://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer. Serious or repeated violations of the Developer Distribution Agreement or this Content Policy will result in account termination. Repeated infringement of intellectual property rights, including copyright, will also result in account termination. For more information on Google's copyright policies, please see here.

I wonder what is the status of pointing users to download the "paid" version of the app from Amazon or another store (if Google Payments are not available at developer location). This "pointing to" could just be a statemet that if users want a paid app, they can download Amazon App from "this" link and then download the paid app from there.

Would that qualify as a violation of Google Play ?

Why is there no clarity on these issues - and developers left to daydream among themselves about what is possible and what not - why can't there be a single team at Google responsible for dealing with developer questions - or some live chat channel or something ..

6. Likes A1ka1inE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I saw this dev too... In my country in top 100 there are 3 volume boosters looking the same... Reported.
    Want to start making real money? Read my ebook first!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    These guy have a balls. On the other side some HQ games can not acquire attention because some spammers are all the time in the 'Top new' section. Its sad.

9. Likes Magnesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    The dev, who is a member of this forum ( @furioussoftware ), saw the thread here on MMWA after @mind posted and went there on the Reddit explain himself.

I had seen/posted on that specific thread already, such occurrences are pretty common there, thats why that reddit exists.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    this topic is being discussed on reddit thread.
    those interested can watch there the progress and my expainations.
    thanks!

12. Dislikes punysoft disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    I can't see any actual violations in the thread. If @furioussoftware is telling the truth about different family members being registered to each account then there is nothing bad actually going on here.

They may just re-branded, low-quality apps, but nothing wrong is being done here as far as I can see; based on Google's developer policy.

14. Likes godarm liked this post
    Dislikes punysoft disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So basically @furioussoftware reskinned and uploaded the "almost same" apps to multiple accounts with different names, yet he got many downloads on every app! Interesting. If all the accounts are really of different family members, there's nothing wrong with it since its his source code he can reuse it.
    By the way @furioussoftware did you loose any apps/accounts due to the reports?
    Last edited by godarm; 2013-09-06 at 01:24 PM.
    My Income Reports and App Development journey: http://madlogicdev.wordpress.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by godarm View Post
    So basically @furioussoftware reskinned and uploaded the "almost same" apps to multiple accounts with different names, yet he got many downloads on every app! Interesting. If all the accounts are really of different family members, there's nothing wrong with it since its his source code he can reuse it.
    By the way @furioussoftware did you loose any apps/accounts due to the reports?
    i wish i also kenw how many flags are required to suspend an app
    however i didn't wait to see what happens and unpublished some of the apps myself. i will unpublish most of the apps tonight.
    i don't want any trouble and i hope people will be understanding with my case and stop flagging and allow me to remove the apps.
    by the way, only two of the apps got successfull, not 'every app'.

17. Dislikes punysoft disliked this post