Google Play Content Policy update

today google play updated it’s policy update and i saw these under System Interference Section
[ul]
[li]Apps and their ads must not add homescreen shortcuts, browser bookmarks, or icons on the user’s device as a service to third parties or for advertising purposes.
[/li][li]Apps and their ads must not display advertisements through system level notifications on the user’s device, unless the notifications derive from an integral feature provided by the installed app. (e.g., an airline app that notifies users of special deals, or a game that notifies users of in-game promotions).
[/li][/ul]
Ad policy section
[ul]
[li]Ads Context
[/li]Ads must not simulate or impersonate the user interface of any app, or notification and warning elements of an operating system.

[li]Ad Walls and Interstitial Ads
[/li]Interstitial ads may only be displayed inside of the app they came with. Forcing the user to click on ads or submit personal information for advertising purposes in order to fully use an app is prohibited. A prominent and accessible target must be made available to users in any interstitial ad so they may dismiss the ad without penalty or inadvertent click-through.

[li]Interfering with Apps and Third-party Ads
[/li]Ads associated with your app must not interfere with other apps or their ads.
[/ul]

so No more icon or push ads?

No more push ads, no more bookmarks, no more shortcut homescreen icons. All banned now, EULA does not matter.

I knew it. They want all ad networks to be like admob. What ever ad formats admob offers are going to work. A forsee a new trend of earnings/cpm and networks on this forum. I am excited to read those big earner comments and also of people like @billyh

Untitled.jpg

You have 30 days.

R.I.P. good old times.

What will be the new name of Airpush?:confused:

This should effectively now clarify the ad situation for developers.

No more:

• Tapcontext (push notifications, with aggressive virus scanner stuff - “must not simulate… user interface of an app”)

• StartApp and similar (home screen icon ads, bookmarks)

• Also means Leadbolt and others who have icon ads etc. (though they had separate SDK for that)

• Airpush will now have to SERIOUSLY support their “in-app SDK” developers (instead of ignoring them for months after suggesting such an SDK would be available - though it is available now it is STILL being flagged by AVG Antivirus as “Intrusive Malware” - see other thread discussing that)

All the other ad networks attracted by the push ads, icon ads, and such will now have more free time to hone the basic ad types - possibly now branch out more into video ads/audio ads etc.

BTW, the restriction now on “Simulating user interface” - also is relevant to avoid “phishing attacks” - where an ad could show a facebook login screen - but which just collects login/passwords.

This is a positive move - as it will also allow developers to focus on a more restricted - but hopefully better supported playing field (by the ad networks).

The Google language is also now much more clearer and concise - unless it is Joseph27 who paraphrased that - maybe Google should hire him for copywriting if that is the case.

This also means anyone thinking of pushing out an update now may be better served by waiting a few days for the ad networks to issue new “cleaned” SDKs.

Oh this just made my day.
End of Notification and Icon Spam.

Victory to users and real developers (Who look for long term growth of companies).

Oh man…
None of my apps have push ads but i only just started enjoying startapp and appwiz…

no luck, i have just start using notification ads
i wonder what will happen to ad networks like startapp, airpush, sendroid and others that use notification and icon ads as main income…
and how the hell can we get money from wallpapers, e-books …etc type of apps

Holy shit.

Well knew it would happen. At least I made a quarter million while it lasted!

I never entered the discussions here on the forum regarding other types of ads, but I’m all in favor of this decision by Google. Come on, no more trashware on Android, please. No matter how much it would pay, I have never even considered putting those bizarre ads on my apps/games.

If there is any person who is going to be most happy. Its billyh only. I bet that.

Yes, I wonder what Google plans for wallpaper apps or apps that work in the background - only for-pay apps then ?

How Sad :frowning:

They won’t care about wallpaper/music player apps as their earnings won’t be affected by removing push/icon ads. Its all in favor of google and users.

Hope startapp will be have a good guideline for us

I wonder if Airpush and Startapp in-app sdks are all right!!

I knew billyh will be happy.

I’m not affected, but look at it this way: Google just almost ruined at least 3 big advertisement companies and a lot of small businesses of people on this forum… I hope eCPM on other types of ads will raise, otherwise it might mean much lower revenues for many people. :expressionless:

I also hope they notified ad networks earlier - because they probably have contracts with advertisers for push ads for longer than 30 days (although probably a lot of apps will not be updated quickly meaning the impressions for push ads won’t suddenly stop, just go down slowly).

In my opinion, this is an excellent move by Google. A better, cleaner marketplace and more users willing to pay for apps.

google would love paid apps since they get a 30% cut…