how to increase the revenue

First of all, I would like to share some statistics with you about my app.

My app has more than 500k user, every day I have 5000 new users but a high number of unistalls, 3000 users, so it will have like 2000 new clean users. I’ve a 4.39 in ratings.

I’ve been using admob, normal banner ads, like every normal person who has no experience with ads (aka. plain user).

Yesterday (for example) I made 130k€ impressions and had 2342 clicks, my revenue was 29.30$. My refresh rate is 60 seconds.

I’ve started to think that I have a good app but my revenue is poor for that number of users, also I think that maybe I’m loosing a big opportunity to make some money. I’ve reading lot of threads, trying to understand how works everything, but maybe I have over-information in my head…

-Do I have to use interstitial ads? Are so different in revenue than a normal banner?
-Do I have to use the mediation to increase the revenue?
-Is important to use geolocation info or other personal info to have a minimum ecpm?
-Do I have to focus on increase my ecpm? how i do that? is important the rate of my app or the unistalls that am I having?
-Do I have to use push ads or notification ads? or let them only for the last days of my app?

I’m trying to look for the MUST HAVE POINTS who everything must to implement or take care to have some revenue with ads.

For what I’ve read…I would say that, you must:
-use interstitial ads
-use mediation with differents networks focusing on geolocation (I will try mopub)
-if you have in-app purchase, it will be a good idea to use also something like tapjoy or similars.

thank you guys, I’m only trying to make things right.

yes you are loosing a big opportunity to make some money
my new app got only 4000 total users and i made 200$ from them without push notifications
try to put the banner in a smart way to get more clicks, i get 2.5$ ecpm from doing only that, i use airpush banners
use exit ads
use something like startapp or appwiz to get paid each time someone install your app (plz use my referral link below if you want to try startapp)
or use mobilecore icon, they pay a rev share and it only appears one time on the user home screen (not aggressive)
use interstitial in your app if its possible (best from what i tried is mobilecore)

Hi,

I started to use Mobario. It’s a new slider SDK which add value to your user while generate revenue to you.
They pay per install-0.05$ US unique user, 0.01$ everywhere else.
They also give 100% rev share to you for the first 3 months of all advertising methods (OfferWall, Search Engine, Banner, Coupons)
This is the link to download their SDK : https://www.mobario.com/.

Cheers,
Johnathan

Just signed up with SendDroid, admob and airpush. Some dev friends tell me they are very happy with the eCPM from Airpush Banner Ads and Smartwall Ads. Try it out and let us know if that works for you. Looking forward to my first payment from Airpush.

@eyadse93 Very nice numbers on Airpush banners.

Any way to easily add Airpush banner ads to Admob mediation ?

If you make sure you just wanna make money, you should try notification ad, but you know it can annoy users. To be safety, appwall is the best choice for app. If yours is game, interstitial ads is suitable.
You can retain your admob banners and add another ad format. Appwall average ecpm on appflood is $1.04~3.58, interstitial ad can be better up to $6.52. Appflood also can be mediation network. Connect to multiple demand side platforms with one SDK.

Notification Ad is against Google Play rules, right? Just want to make sure everyone knows what they’re doing and make the decision with the information.

No it isn’t.
It’s against Google Play’s policy to use out-of-app ads without the user’s consent. They also must be able to easily remove the ads if they wish to. All the big networks adhere to the policy.

Yeah, you’re right. I had read superficially about it, but now I’ve read it a bit more comprehensively, and just to be clear to everybody:

“Notification ads require user opt-in—Your app should not create notifications containing ads unless the user has specifically opted-in to this behavior and is able to easily opt-out.”

More info: Ads | Android Developers

So, while its possible to use Notification ads, it must be opt-in. That is, you can’t send notification ads if the user hasn’t explicitly clicked on a “Yes I want to receive Notification Ads” button or checkbox. So if the SDK/network doesnt have a mechanism in place for that (some kind of term the user has to agree), you have to make one yourself, or you’re trying your luck against the policy.

I wanted to implement AirBop in some of my apps and send my users affiliate links from MobPartner to download apps (once per week). If I understand Google’s policy correctly, I can’t do this, unless a user clicks “I agree” button somewhere?

Also, would I need to write the origin of the ad? Something like “This app is served by xxx application”?

Thanks.

2K clicks and 30$!!! U should be getting 100$+ for that…

Yup, something isn’t right. Maybe you got those clicks from unknown location (attack), because if I look on my data then I got ~10$ from ~200 clicks.

@adforandroidapps It will be good to know if anyone has an answer to your question. That will help me greatly.

For the mean time, i integrated with Airpush SDK 6.0 directly and integration process on dev dashboard was very easy to follow. I had an integration issue with my ads not showing up immediately and their support team came in handy once i shared my apk, API key and app URL. In all, the process was easy.

Can you please share your daily user sessions number, and the GEOs of your users?
With this info I can provide you with a good estimation of the revenue you could make with our Interstitials.

Thanks!