Searching for Case Studies

Hi all!

I’m looking for Android app case studies, which I can learn from. I’d love to hear your stories, or read up on bigger companies paths, if you have that info.

It’s important for me to know what a “normal” daily download rate is for the first month, second month, 5th month etc…

Thanks!

i suggest you to buy some Amazon kindle books about create apps and succeed in apps, i laern a lot from these books.

let me put it in few words :slight_smile:

1. Marketing Budget - you need nowadays a big one
  2. Great App Idea
  3. Perfectly implemented Idea and polished App - UI, UX , do the heavy lifting for the user and so on
  4. Keywords optimization and great App description
  5. Even if you did all 4 points the App may be still doomed
  1. Marketing Budget - you need nowadays a big one

Well, depends on what you want to accomplish - if you do clones of popular apps/use popular keywords it may not be necessary - I earned like 100$ this month with zero marketing and I’m just starting out

1. Great App Idea

No! No! No! New “great” ideas are risky unless you are ubisoft/microsoft and require marketing. Find a popular app without too much competition and copy that

1. Perfectly implemented Idea and polished App - UI, UX , do the heavy lifting for the user and so on

Yes, games shouldn’t be buggy and they should look beautiful - best get an artist to do the work. Compare the art with the art in popular apps. Crap art makes users go away. Make sure you have great icons/screeshots.

1. Keywords optimization and great App description

Yes! Very important. Use google translate to make descriptions in as many languages as possible for more keywords/hits.

1. Even if you did all 4 points the App may be still doomed

Yes, so upload to as many app stores as possible, make many reskins of your apps to conserve effort- there are millions of similar apps already, and there is no rule that each of your games has to be different/unique. Just don’t make it too obvious or google might not like it (make sure the games are actually different visually/thematically, not just a different name/description) - the game mechanic can be the same

Just be careful with that part. One of the rules does state that you should not upload repetitive content. So make sure that each game provides additional or alternative value to the user.

Yes, simply changing the color of the icon is not enough - for instance, if you have a runner maybe instead of a tiger make it an elephant and change the visuals/obstacles. I personally cut it a bit close- I changed the pony into a unicorn (added a horn :slight_smile: ), and changed the color of the environment to dark purple - however I plan on more variation in upcoming games

From what I have seen google don’t really remove people who copy paste their apps

Well, it is not like you can see all the ones that have already been removed.

I know that study cases are quite expensive and it is irritating. The only thing that makes me glad is free classical literature. I can use Fb2BookFree and read all the books for free. That’s a real gift that there are still some free services for reading.