is this legal?

Hi,
I am new to admob and had an app idea which I may apply.
In my country, people use Instagram to show some products to sell, so I plan to make an app to categorize these posts from Instagram and display them in categories.

also I plan to monetize the app with admob.

is it legal to do that?

Maybe I don’t understand your question, but what you suggest seems legal. It also seems extremely un-useful, I think nobody will use it. People spam Instagram with their ads, and you want to categorize this spam and let people browse this spam advertisements?

Hi Mohd,

For your app idea, from an ad network point of view, I don’t see any potential legal issues as Instagram has API’s for developers to able access to data.
I would like to suggest testing our Airpush for your apps. We have more available ad types than Admob that are engaging to users, and pay developers well, along with other benefits such as an actual person to talk to and assist with questions. Our Bundle 1 SDK for Google Play includes our 360 abstract ads, traditional 320x50 banners, and our smart wall, which is a large collection of in app interstitial ad types such as full screens, video, overlays and more.

Check out our demo site at Airpush Publisher Demo and our SDK guide here manage.airpush.com/docs/index.php?title=Bundle_SDK_1.0_Documentation.
Shoot me a PM if you would like to chat further.
Airpush Nick

not really spams, they call it social shopping or so. people now days use social networks for selling and advertising for services. It’s like categorizing all offers and products available in ur country to make it easy to search for specific thing.

Thank you for ur reply,

I will take a look :slight_smile:

It seems legal although I don’t know relevant laws in your country.
Just do it,good luck