How to make money with Android (no deep Android knowledge needed)

Hi everybody,

I want to show you, how to make money with Android without having much knowledge about it.
I will also show you some examples in Google Play.

What do you need?

• a good app description
  • promising app screenshots
  • a popup at app start which begs for stars (“Help us, give us 5 stars”)
  • …and onf course lot of Ads!!! (No In-App-Billing)

Take a look at the “Remote Control for TV” App from HenSoft Co.
All the three points are the only thing this app has, nothing more.
That is sufficient for over 5 Million downloads with a 4.1 rating.

If you don’t believe me, simply install the app, grab the APK (use here MyAppSharer), open it(use here e.g. dex2Jar and JDGui) and check if I am wrong.

Here are a small preview of the onClick method:

public void onClick(View view)
{
if (m.b(this, “key_vibrate”, true))
((Vibrator)getSystemService(“vibrator”)).vibrate(200L);
}
}

After you create this hard piece of work, don’t forget to add Ads,…add as much as you can, since the only goal is to earn money.

That’s all,…now you should have good earnings,…but wait…this is not enough.
Since it was so hard until here :), why not creating a new app, with the same functions, but a different UI, app screenshots and an app description.
It will take couple of hours, but you can double your earnings…

If thiswork,…create the next app and so on and so on…maybe you can try different Ad networks
You don’t believe me, just search for remote apps. You will find a bunch of them, having the “same” functionality, beging for 5 stars (“Help us, give us 5 stars”) and vibrate only, while showing ads.
You even don’t have to provide user support,…it’s great. :slight_smile:

I tried to report these scam apps to Google, but there are still there. It seems that scaming the user is ok, as long as you don’t take money from the user (In App Billing)

I assume that this dev earns couple of hunderes,…maybe even couple of thousands dollar a day,…
It could be that you must buy votes or downloads, but with such constant earnings you can invest some money in the business :slight_smile:

All in all I must say that it seems the best way to earn money with Android is to simply scam users.
Noone is doing sth. against it as long as the user must not pay for it.

What do you think about it? Are you still working hard on your apps or do you start scamming right now? :slight_smile:

CU
Android Devs

PS: Sorry, I had to write it in this way, because from a honest Android Dev perspective it is a huge mess!

I forgot to send you the one and only video of this app: TV Remote Scam Apps
Unfortunately, the guy who made this didn’t know that the used phone doesn’t have an IR interface :slight_smile:

By my dislake I mean that I dislike this situation, not your post;) You pointed to really sad practise in GP… We are scamming from every side… I hope Google will make this clean and remove such apps (Police say that there can’t be ‘the same’ apps in the store)

That’s the reason why they create a new dev account. It costs only 25 $ and than you are a “new” dev and can post the same app again.
Is there a policy that says the description must not scam the user and tell exactly what the app does? I never see such policy…

Nevertheless,…there are scam apps which have over 10 Million downloads…I don’t think that Google will make sth. against it. I mean, if they are using AdMob,…Google earn also money here.

Such behavior is an insult for every honest and hardworking developer.

So basically the app does nothing but vibrate when the user clicks a button? Don’t the users get upset that the app is not working and slam it with 1 star reviews?

Thats logical but I’m sure the app have a lot of 5 start because the button ‘give me 5 stars’, we all know that users sometimes are this way… you just need to take a look at the comments of your apps, most of them totally nonsense. as far as I know Google ban these apps really quick and I’m sure that with the new approval process they do check this

even if this has lots of ratings, almost everyone uninstall this app just after realizing that it’s not working. google counts uninstalls to rank the apps so im wondering how he got over million downloads.

however i support the idea that we should use these kind of techniques to earn more money because google treat us in a terrible way and there is no point of being loyal to them.

and this bugger is really clever. when i open the app he force to upgrade to a new version. but it actually points to another remote app LOL

Yes this is a huge scam.
One famous scam app here is Remote Control for TV from SydneyApps.
It has over 10 Mil. downloads with a over 4* rating.

I also analyzed this apk. Here you must distinguished between old and new version.

The old one had the same onClick->vibrate code as the app I mentioned before. It is exact the same code!
The current apk contains a native lib that handle all the “business logic” :slight_smile: …it has 17 kb and handles everything :slight_smile:
This guy will not only scam users but also other devs or even Google.

Anyway, the old apk of this app is still available in the net. Feel free to prove it :wink:

I think that when Google will ban one of this acc - they will ban other because they can find out the same code/dev. I hope that…

I don’t think so. These apps are for almost one year available,…and if they are using AdMob, Google earns money, too.

Play store is never fair. Just move on.

it is really disappointing…

Finally, Google removed the both top TV remote scam apps. Each of them had over 10 Mill. downloads.

But there are still fake apps availableFake remotes.
Even the attached YT video is a scam,…turning on the TV with a Nexus device that even doesn’t have a IR blaster!

Such apps and devs are an insult for every honest dev!

In 2018, alone mobile app revenues were over 365 billion US Dollars. And, it is estimated to cross over 935 billion US dollars by 2023. These are just small stats to show the potential that a mobile application posses.
Read our popular article - [b]How Much Money Do You Make From Your Android Application[/b]