How to use Google+ to connect with users who liked an app on Google Play

How to use Google+ to connect with users who liked an app on Google Play.

If an app has 1K likes (suppose) in it’s Google+ button - can the developer access that Google+ account ?

Presumably with such access, the developer could “reach out” to users who have liked the app - possibly to promote an update or point towards a new app they are developing (and possibly recruiting beta testers for such an endeavor).

Is that an app-specific Google+ page which is visible somewhere ? Does it have a URL ?

By the way, here’s how to create a beta testing group - use Google Groups and a Community URL etc.:

https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/3131213?hl=en
QUOTE:

Selecting groups of testers

Google Play Developer Console lets you select your groups of testers either through creating a Google Group or Google+ Community. Add a Google+ Community URL or a Google Groups email address to the Developer Console to select your test group. The Developer Console will give you a URL that you need to give to the users. They’ll need to go to the URL, which will explain what it means to be a tester and they can opt in.

Great question. I’m not really sure if this is technically possible for web-based +1’s now but totally makes sense business-wise.

The only thing I could come up with is to, within your app, enable G+ login and track an in-app event “user clicked +1 button” and build a customer segment based on that. This should allow you to track this group and target them with notifications, promos, etc.

I think it is possible to extract the URL for that Google+ button on the webpage somehow - as that seems to be required to implement it for app (I think).

However, is that like a normal Google account or what - is there some way one can participate in the discussion - via regular Google+ webpage based etc.

Ok, the answer to this question may lie in this FAQ:

https://support.google.com/admob/answer/1307237

QUOTE:

+1 button

Publishers may not sell or transmit to others any data related to their users’ activity of the +1 (or similar) Google button (“+1 button”). This prohibition includes, but is not limited to, any use of pixels, cookies, or other methods to recognize such users’ clicks on the +1 button, the data of which is then disclosed, sold, or otherwise shared with other parties.
Publishers may not attempt to discover the identity of a +1 button user unless the publisher’s user has consented to share his or her identity with the publisher via an AdMob-approved authorization procedure. This prohibition includes identifying such users by correlating +1 button reporting data from AdMob with publisher’s data.

Any developer-accessible Google+ webpage - that allows you to communicate with developers - would directly violate the requirement above - thus this suggests there SHOULD NOT be any such legitimate way to do so - since that would expose which user liked your Google+ page.

Though even with Google+ public pages - one WOULD NOT know if a specific user liked your page right ? (same with facebook ?)