Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Question How to safely reupload banned app on Google Play?

My account has been banned, I have new now for a month or so, and that's OK. But I was thinking to upload some of my old apps. So I changed their names, package name, keystore,in app graphics and I will upload them from another computer, from my friend's. Actually I didn't change it, I created new apps with different graphics,keystore,name,package name, but copy/pasted my old code. Is there anything else I could do to make sure they don't recognize it? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    you covered a lot of stuff there, it has to be enough. report back with results!

if i was a betting man, i'd say Google only look for a new package name and that's enough to get in again. if you do get banned again, it's for the same reason you were banned the first time which is human reviewers keeping a close eye on new apps in search terms like 'mario'.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    was 'mario' some insider-joke?
    didnt get it at all >.<

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alecman View Post
    was 'mario' some insider-joke?
    didnt get it at all >.<
    mario, the nintendo game. you might have heard of it. searches for it daily must be huge.

i just read in another post that some guy was creating new accounts and uploading mario preloaded on an emulator and his account was pulled within a few hours, suggesting to me that google are watching that term.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Ahhhhh ok of course I know it, it's ma childhood, thx xD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    guys a similar case, one of my app was suspended due to DMCA notice. Just wondering if DMCA is represented by some US organisation, can we reupload app for non-US countries? Is that a safe bet?

anyone tried this before?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    DMCA / copyrights / trademarks are international, so you would be banned even if you are not shown in the US. However, if you have less downloads and are not on top for those requests, you can re-upload the app. Also, it depends on the keywords. Some of them - like Mario - used to be watched carefully, some of them not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I have tested this formula but dont work
    Quote Originally Posted by appsg View Post
    guys a similar case, one of my app was suspended due to DMCA notice. Just wondering if DMCA is represented by some US organisation, can we reupload app for non-US countries? Is that a safe bet?

anyone tried this before?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorDD View Post
    DMCA / copyrights / trademarks are international, so you would be banned even if you are not shown in the US. However, if you have less downloads and are not on top for those requests, you can re-upload the app. Also, it depends on the keywords. Some of them - like Mario - used to be watched carefully, some of them not.
    As far as I understand the agency that initiated the DMCA request specially mentioned United states as copyright claim. If they have no jurisdiction outside of US, would they even bother to do that? I have seen other developers getting banned for competing apps and now back on the app store.

Maybe its safer to upload under a new account?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by appsg View Post
    As far as I understand the agency that initiated the DMCA request specially mentioned United states as copyright claim. If they have no jurisdiction outside of US, would they even bother to do that? I have seen other developers getting banned for competing apps and now back on the app store.

Maybe its safer to upload under a new account?
    The answer is Yes - it is much safer.

How does banning happen in Google?

If they suspend you single application for the first time, they just close this one app.
    If this is a second suspension, they can close your entire account, especially if there are other apps they don't like.
    If this is a third suspension, they will close your account almost for sure (90+%).

It does not matter if this is a new version of a suspended app or anything else.

Regarding DMCA - I cannot answer anything else, I personally didn't use this technique - but this is a very interesting idea. Try it and tell us the result.

11. Thanks georgiecasey thanked for this post