Google Play dev account banned. AdMob aswell?

Hello,

This morning i had the wonderful news that my google play account was terminated. Yesterday I updated a app I had for 3 years already with half a million downloads and it seems they said I was impersonating. I had also a couple other stupid bans some time ago for adding a bitcoin donation address in the description or a dracula audiobook that should have been in medium maturity instead of low maturity. Huge mistakes you know. I have appealed but have very low hope to get this back.

The issue is that i can see that my apps are already not in google play but i have seen how the installed apps out there still are getting ads server. I can connect to my admob account and although less than yesterday, still it is getting money.

Just now i have received this email from AdMob this time:

Hello,

This email is to alert you that one of your applications is not currently in compliance with our AdMob program policies and as a result, ad serving has been disabled to your application.

Issue ID#: xxxxxxxxxxx

Ad serving has been disabled to: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Action required: Check all other remaining applications in your account for compliance.

Current account status: Active

Violation explanation

GOOGLE PLAY REMOVAL: AdMob publishers are not permitted to abuse or promote the abuse of any Google product, such as Google Play, YouTube, or Blogger. This includes circumventing, or providing the means to circumvent, the policies or terms of these or other Google products, such as by allowing users to download YouTube videos.

If your app is removed by Google Play policy enforcement, please contact Google Play about an app removal here. If Google Play reinstates your app, please submit an appeal to our team.

Action required: Check account for compliance

While ad serving has been disabled to the above app, your AdMob account remains active. We suggest that you take the time to review the rest of your applications to ensure that they’re in compliance with our policies, and to monitor your apps accordingly to reduce the likelihood of future policy emails from us. Additionally, please note that our team reserves the right to disable accounts at any time if we continue to see violations occurring.

Appeals

If you wish to appeal this disabling then you can do so by using our appeal form.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

The Google AdMob Team

So does this mean that ANY app that was published in my Google Play terminated account, will stop receiving ads? I have really huge problems to undestand what they mean most of the times. You know i have two years of law in the university but sometimes i think i am talking with the Oracle of Delfos.

Will i see AdMob money or will they just take it for them?

Are there any other interesting markets aka slide-me or should i just leave Android developing.

Cheers and thanks for your time.

Good luck and don’t rely much on these guys because they will **** you when you least expect it.

From what the email stated, Admob was stop serving ad to one of your app for now. I believe Admob will stop serving ads to all your apps slowly. If your Admob account is not suspended until payout date, you can still take your money. Otherwise, they will just take it. I would strongly suggest don’t use Admob as your only advertising choice.

Other markets, the only one which can generate some reasonable income for me is Amazon app store.

Well, things already seems to be cleared out by @shuiwo so I don’t think there’s anything more left here for explanation! I do strongly suggest concentration on other ads serving apps they also offer quite a reasonable income !

Thanks for replying. Sadly i don’t have any way to contact the installed user base to get them install a new ad provider (aka google play’s developer page).
Still waiting for the appeal but don’t have any confidence. I am quite tired anyway of mobile apps, too many people already and distributors are starting to act like minihitlers.
Maybe i will try to setup the more succesful apps in amazon but lately i am getting more from trading crypto than apps, so maybe is time to move on.

The ban has been totally unfair and I am very demotivated, no matter if you have 0 strikes or 2, with time enough you will get the 3 strikes and they will ruin you work and the poor human contact, information about the issues and canned responses are even insulting. Getting your form of life ruined (family included) for such stupid reasons after years of work, one hundred apps, software, images, resources etc bought is just incredible. Have just to give thanks to god i did not put myself into a bigger dependency from google’s money.

Well sorry for the ranting. Good luck everyone.

Cheers and thanks,

the answer is no. admob will slowly disable ads to your app, mainly the big ones. i had around 2 apps disabled per month since banned (from 20 or so). i was panicked at first, but turns out my admob still active till now, and i still receiving money from active ads. i dont plan to use that admob account ever again for gplay, maybe just for ios.

Man I really feel your loss.
I also got a warning due to an idiotic BTC donations and to be honest I’m thinking of switching to iOS and leave this shit behind.

3 year and 500 k download, condolences
At least you can do make half million app download, start over my friend

please share with your sorrow! Wish you rebuild faster.: O

Amazon Appstore is good…
You can use the admob furter

Well, that’s sad now you need to again start from scratch ! :frowning: Anyway hope you will recover faster …

For making money, Amazon Appstore is not a good option. At least for me. When I can’t work with Google Play I think that the only option will be the Apple Store.

If your main users base is in US, Europe countries, Amazon Appstore is a really good option.

Agreed I’ll support you over here Amazon AppStore isn’t that much great choice to make incase you want to generate revenue out of it !

If you want to display bitcoin donation addresses (or even do bitcoin IAP) then you should really try out Skubit market. There are no silly content restrictions, it’s very open and very private for users and developers. I can help you get setup with the IAP integration, if you have in-app.

https://catalog.skubit.com