Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    billyh

Notification Spam is coming to an End

Android 4.3's New Notification Service: Read, Dismiss, And Press Action Buttons From Other Apps; Imagine The Wearable Computing Possibilities!

Pretty soon Apps (AntiVirus etc) will be able to remove notification ads from spammy apps.
    Party over guys at least now try to build a real business rather than building a business based on spamming your customers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    lol @billyh what a dramatic and incorrect interpretation of this article. imo this will have zero impact on notifications -- users can already Mute notifications with 1 click starting with jellybean.
    i actually think this is a great move for Android -- at one point i wanted to build an app which better organizes and adds features to the notification tray, but i was frustrated with how little access to the notification tray the Android API provides. looks like that will change !

3. Likes Ryan, Magnesus, A1ka1inE, hubris, devo1985 and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Thats a good move by google..
    Now users will know which app is producing which ads. I had ditched push ads couple of months ago for this reason.....If this is true they can't say my app is mimicking system notifications...
    there will be name of the app with each push....
    This move gives me more courage to use push-ads in my apps.
    GET PAID FOR NO. OF App INSTALLS..Sign up using this link to get $15 bonus on 1000th app install or $15 bonus on 250,000th ad imp----> ( http://startapp.com/rf4fsd1 ).....
    My Apps

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    @amalvj123 both Airpush and Leadbolt already tag each ad with the name of the app, and also ever since JellyBean you can long-press any notification to see what app is showing it and also mute the pushes from that app. not sure if any users know about the long-press feature, but it's been there for a while !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingdroid View Post
    @amalvj123 both Airpush and Leadbolt already tag each ad with the name of the app, and also ever since JellyBean you can long-press any notification to see what app is showing it and also mute the pushes from that app. not sure if any users know about the long-press feature, but it's been there for a while !
    this is why i don't have a problem using leadbolt notifications. Well that along with the EULA and their opt out system in general.

Also funny shows billyh definitely isn't a developer........ Vitriolic attacks mixed with ignorance in the OP is a dead giveaway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    @amalvj123ever since JellyBean you can long-press any notification to see what app is showing it and also mute the pushes from that app. not sure if any users know about the long-press feature, but it's been there for a while !
    Started developing android apps over an year ago and been using Jellybean for a month now and this is news for me...
    Will check it out on the next push that i receive...thanks for the info...

@amalvj123 both Airpush and Leadbolt already tag each ad with the name of the app
    well I have and still seen pushes without app name from airpush and leadbolt....sometimes you can see the app's package name in really small letters at the bottom..
    Last edited by amalvj123; 2013-07-01 at 07:18 PM.
    GET PAID FOR NO. OF App INSTALLS..Sign up using this link to get $15 bonus on 1000th app install or $15 bonus on 250,000th ad imp----> ( http://startapp.com/rf4fsd1 ).....
    My Apps

billyh
    Quote Originally Posted by hubris View Post
    this is why i don't have a problem using leadbolt notifications. Well that along with the EULA and their opt out system in general.

Also funny shows billyh definitely isn't a developer........ Vitriolic attacks mixed with ignorance in the OP is a dead giveaway.

Sounds like you think you spammers are the only developers in the world. It just show low your knowledge is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billyh View Post
    Sounds like you think you spammers are the only developers in the world. It just show low your knowledge is.
    no. You haven't understood what i have said. Your definition of spam is wrong. It does exist, but not as you describe it. Advertising has many forms that are not spam. You have a one man crusade to attack anyone that uses notification/push or icon. As i said before it just shows ignorance for how many types of apps there are and how developers make money from their work. If you don't agree with an ad model then don't use it. But don't alter the definition of words because of your opinion.

For instance i don't use ads on a timed basis during game play. Others do, but its just not my way of doing things. I can tell you I am not going to go screaming all over calling them spammers for it. That is just dumb and only my opinion of how i use ads.

I am done trying to explain it to you. You are totally unwilling to understand the above points.

Good day sir.

billyh
    Quote Originally Posted by hubris View Post
    Your definition of spam is wrong.
    Every AntiVirus software thinks you are a spammer. That should prove I am right that you are spammers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billyh View Post
    Every AntiVirus software thinks you are a spammer. That should prove I am right that you are spammers.
    This thread is bad interpretation. YES! I AM SPAMMER, RICH SPAMMER! Pushing notifications for 1,5 year, live from it, eat, drive in car bought from notification, live in house from notifications. You are poor guy, so fck off. Airpush, Leadbolt + other notification network + startapp have 16% of market. It's 112 000 apps. We all are spammers. Enjoy