Admob account closed (possible ban wave)

well i’m just wondering if anyone else had just had their admob accounts closed. my admob account has been in good standing for years, i have not done anything new to my apps in the last few months.i have had Gdev account closed that were related to this account. so this might be a ban hammer by admob now.

the reasons is complete garbage, not even worth posting. sad day when your only source of income just vanishes.

The title is a bit misleading. You can’t say that there is a possible banwave underway when only one account got banned.

What was the reason they gave to you?

It’s important for a site displaying AdSense to offer significant value to the user by providing unique and relevant content, and not to place ads on auto-generated pages or pages with little to no original content. This may include, but is not limited to:

copying portions of text content from other sources
websites dedicated to embedded videos from other hosts
websites with gibberish content that makes no sense or seems auto-generated
templated or pre-generated websites that provide duplicate content to users.
For more information, please review the AdSense program policies, this help article about scraped content and Google’s Webmaster Quality Guidelines.

GOOGLE PRODUCT ABUSE: Publishers are not permitted to abuse or promote the abuse of any Google product, such as YouTube, Google Play, or Blogger. This includes circumventing, or providing the means to circumvent, the policies or terms of these or other Google products, such as by allowing users to download YouTube videos.

all my apps have great reviews on gplay, about 4 stars average. i was making money off 5-6 apps.

the strange thing is that i have had my admob account closed about 4 years ago on a different gmail, this was due to adult apps. i made a new admob account and its been fine for 4 years, and they closed the 4 year old account AGAIN and the new one with the same email.

It must suck to lose the account, BUT you shouldn’t have only used Admob for your revenues. Spread your traffic over different networks for security from things like this.

Do you know what they are referring to in their message?

You did well to last 4 years with a new account, since Google are good at detecting this sort of thing. That is, if they ban you and you make a new account, they will just ban you again if they realise it’s you.

i think they might be referring to my first admob account, where i had many apps that were similiar.

i have a different Google account that is on the same IP as the on that’s banned, but everything else is completely different on that account. that account has an active gplay dev account as well, i was planning on using this new account to also register for an admob account. i have a different address and info that i can use for payment, i will be getting cheque instead of direct deposit. does that sound like a good plan?

So none of your apps have such content which they pointed in the email?
Maybe you have some website connected to your adsense account which such content?

yes, they may have been referring to my initial account which was opened about 6 years ago and then closed due to sexual content 2 years after.

for some reason they re-closed that account and closed the new one at the exact same time. i don’t know if it was a robot or a person that did this, but i will be giving admob a 3rd try with a different address and name . hopefully worst case scenario is they just close the new admob account and leave Gdev alone, then ill just go to a different ad network.