Admob Not Updating Stats

Admob seem to have stopped updating stats about 12 hrs back. Anyone else have the problem?
(Ads are being served though).

Yeah same here. This happens from time to time with Admob, but usually gets fixed within a day.

Same here too… We the adicts to the admob page need updates !

Same with me, money drop down 90%. Hope it’s just update interface.

same here no update…

Yep. Me too

Yeah, same here! Hope they fix it soon!

Me too, my Admob console stop update since yesterday around 3.30pm until now, yesterday income only 10% compare to normal. Today’s request still 0. =_=!!

What is the time yours Admob stop updating?

Same here. Still getting ads in the app, status still green under AdMob - Login.

I’m glad I’m not the only one, because I’ve been half expecting to get my AdMob account disabled. Someone in the US is clicking ads in my apps about 50-100 times a day on some days, always at the same time of day. I don’t know if it’s a child who’s playing with mommy’s phone, or a competitor trying to get me banned, or someone who’s just really really bored.

(I’m working on some code that will disable ads locally on the device if you click them more than twice, but the code is not ready yet.)

I should probably take this to another part of the forum. Sorry about the digression.

may be its time for us to see the new admob UI

How do you know the clicks is come from the same person? Can we check the device ID of each clicks through Admob console?

I don’t know that it is the same person, but I have a couple of reasons to suspect it. My app is a relatively small affair, a hobby project that gets about 1500 app loads a day and about 20 to 25 clicks a day on average. Most of the clicks come from Europe. I used to get about 5 clicks a day from the US before the suspicious clicks began, now I’m getting 80+ clicks per day from the US. At first I thought there was a really popular ad campaign in the US, but then I noticed that the clicks are coming in in bursts and only on some days. And it’s always around the same time of day. That last bit is probably the most suspicious part.

I’m not snooping on my users so I have no way of confirming if it really is the same person. I guess I could do it pretty easily with the bug tracker that I’m using (Crittercism). For example, I could throw a caught exception every time someone clicks more than three times and see if it’s the same user each time. But I don’t really want to spy on my users.

And no, my app is not trending in the US. I get about 20 downloads a day from the US and that hasn’t gone up or down recently.

Anyway sorry again for the off topic.

yepp,.me too…may be they will give us the inter-initials too…:rolleyes:

Someone asked when the reports stopped… It was about 24 hours ago for me, give or take three hours.

Stats stopped updating around 8AM GMT/UTC. For an hour before that there was outage notification. So its outage on their reports rather than giving us features.

If someone tells that admob status isn’t working nobody panics…
But when someone say that one little airpush has reporting issues, well then everyone loses their minds!:stuck_out_tongue:

Same here!
Yesterday I got 10%, today ZERO…
I hope this is a joke…

I’m having problems too. Stats not updating and can’t access the mediation dashboard at all - I get an error “too many redirects”.

Interesting point. I think people trust Google to maintain accurate financial records and not go bankrupt any time soon (even if nothing else!). But the “independent” ad networks like Airpush are perceived as more risky. Whether this risk is real or not, all things being equal people will trust the bigger companies more than the smaller companies when it comes to pay time.

Same here, good thing I’m not the only one, I’m sure the problem will be fixed soon.

I have used around 20 ad networks in past couple of years. (Leadbolt, Airpush, StartApp, AdMob, AppBrain, Flurry, AppFlood, etc…). I have to say that I was so suspicious about StartApp :rolleyes:, but they ended up as most reliable network. Reports are fine, payments on day, support is not bad, and the second good is AppBrain & Leabolt. But, Airpush is the worst add network that I used, horrible experience, and the rest is average.