Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I know the apple hardware problem :-) I'm actually using libgdx which should(!) theoretically(!) port to ios .. but I never tried because I don't want to buy the hardware needed.

I think you didn't mention, but with that investment in creation have you planned additional expenses for marketing or do you try on your own?

2. Likes BaksaiApps liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mind View Post
    Technically, I have a really good graphics guy I am paying $35/hr.
    I come from a country, Chile, where everybody is constantly looking for a way to game the system. Being raised in that culture i would never hire someone hour-based instead of goal-based. I mean, how do you measure how long has he been working? Furthermore, from an operationīs management perspective, donīt you think incentives are aligned in a way he is awarded for taking as much time as he can/wants?
    Have you had bad experiences with a fixed contract? Or bad output?
    Looking for a super talented 2D Artist to work with us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaksaiApps View Post
    I come from a country, Chile, where everybody is constantly looking for a way to game the system. Being raised in that culture i would never hire someone hour-based instead of goal-based. I mean, how do you measure how long has he been working? Furthermore, from an operationīs management perspective, donīt you think incentives are aligned in a way he is awarded for taking as much time as he can/wants?
    I come from Africa and a similar culture. I pay him by the hour, and if he takes 45minutes and charges for for 1 hour... meh.... cost of doing business. I do however watch his output VERY carefully!

At least this way, it is done when I say it is done, not when he delivers what he thinks is something acceptable. It also means I can say "give me 3 different versions" and I can then choose which concept to work on further.
    SVEN Studios Corp
    WordHero - realtime multiplayer 4x4 grid word game
    Anagram Hero - realtime multiplayer Anagram finding word game
    WordSearch Hero - realtime multiplayer Wordsearch word game
    Math Hero - realtime multiplayer Math game
    Avatar Hero - Create your own Avatar

5. Likes BaksaiApps liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaksaiApps View Post
    I come from Africa and a similar culture. I pay him by the hour, and if he takes 45minutes and charges for for 1 hour... meh.... cost of doing business. I do however watch his output VERY carefully!

At least this way, it is done when I say it is done, not when he delivers what he thinks is something acceptable. It also means I can say "give me 3 different versions" and I can then choose which concept to work on further.
    SVEN Studios Corp

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mind View Post

WordSearch Hero went out yesterday. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...wordsearchhero
    mind,

it seems not available in Amazon (possibly in review?). If you have not uploaded it there - DO IT NOW!

apart from SCREAMING above ... all the very best - hope it will rank high in Google Play.

Same DO IT NOW applies for all the other markets (Samsung, Opera ... you know them).

5* done

"The only Word Search game more addictive than most drugs"
    I was building an indie friendy Cross Promotion service, noone came to help. I failed. Miserably failed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Good luck with your game! Looks really polished. I will surely try it some day.

Couple of questions:
    1) Can you tell us how much you're planning to spend on promotion? And where?
    2) What's your expectations for downloads? How many downloads you would like to have in first 30 days? How many downloads you would like to have daily after 30 days?
    3) Your expectations of period required for returning invested money?

Once again, really good work - i wish you a big success.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mike82 View Post
    Couple of questions:
    1) Can you tell us how much you're planning to spend on promotion? And where?
    2) What's your expectations for downloads? How many downloads you would like to have in first 30 days? How many downloads you would like to have daily after 30 days?
    3) Your expectations of period required for returning invested money?
    Good questions. To answer.
    1) Probably around 30k on FB ads targeting users of existing Word games in the USA
    2) I would like to hit 3-5mil downloads with at least 100k+ in the first 30days.
    3) I would like to pull USD $600k out of the game over a 3 year period.

Then again... it might be a complete fail and I need to look for a day job fast
    SVEN Studios Corp

10. Likes mzg liked this post
    Thanks Magnesus thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Please consider changing screenshots to give more professional look.It is good but not telling me a unique reason to download your app.Your screenshots and presentation should compel users to download your game.Read the thread by that guy who made his first musicplayer app a hit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This is super interesting, actually this thread made me join this forum

You have spent close to 88K in total so far if I read the numbers correctly. In my world that is alot.
    I saw that you have two other games in the play store with 1.1m downloads (that I can see), have you made that kind of money with your other apps?

Anyways, thanks for the inspiration, and I think we indie developers need to raise the bar both when it comes to ideas, coding and grapichs in order to compete with the big guys, like you are doing!

And now when you have shared your expenses I am looking forward to the income report

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowb0y View Post
    You have spent close to 88K in total so far if I read the numbers correctly. In my world that is alot.
    It is a lot in my world too. More than I was earning/year before tax and medical deductions a few years ago!

HOWEVER..... don't include the 30k for FB ads just yet.... it seems that targeting 15mil users of existing word apps does not mean FB will actually spend that $1k/day (= 30k over first 30 days of the apps life!). At the moment all I am getting is 1-200 installs/day from FB.... so if anyone has any ideas... let me know!
    SVEN Studios Corp