Way to find age of app on Google play?

Anyone know of a way to find out roughly when an app was released on Google Play?

I think AppBrain listing for the app (search google for the app name and appbrain - or on abbrain.com) - and i think they have a history at the bottom that shows when app was released and their upgrade dates etc. (this info is not available on Google Play it seems). If it is not appbrain then it is one of the other alternative stores (but I think it was appbrain.com).

You can also look at appannie.com - for historical graphs you would have to sign up (for free) - however these usually just show the ratings (as long as it made it to top 500 in it’s category). However this does not indicate when the app was released etc.

Look at the reviews, sort them by date.

Brilliant, thank you!

You can use appanie. Just go to http://appannie.com/app/android/%app_package_name%/ (ex - Clips Lite - YouTube Music TV - Google Play Top Apps | App Annie)
There will be “Versions history” box
2013-05-20.png

AppAnnie.com version history is inaccurate - i.e. it shows an abbreviated list and not all updates.

I noted above that AppBrain.com or some other website had this detailed list for history of updates for the app - I cannot recall which website that was (it’s not AppBrain or AppBrain has changed their webpages).

Through application age we can get an idea regarding it features and updates. thanks for sharing the links.