Admob House Ads - now allow advertising other's apps / direct deals !!?

It seems there is now a change in Admob policy on House Ads. Earlier they did not allow you advertising other developer’s apps - i.e. house ads could only be your own apps.

I think that is what the consensus was on this on this forum … (correct ?).

But now at least - Admob House Ads now allow you to publicize other developers’ apps as well and to do direct deals etc.

https://support.google.com/admob/v2/answer/3210452?hl=en
About house ad campaigns

On a related note - one thing I noted with doing Admob House Ads with the newer Admob Developer Console - is that I was not receiving house ads on some of my devices - even though house ads were being shown it seems - and on one device I did see the house ads as well.

In addition - even though I had set the House Ads to have the highest eCPM - so that they are shown and nothing else is shown.

However, in reality the House Ads seem to be shown half the time. This suggests that Admob is not respecting the eCPM values that specify the priority - which if they were respected then House Ad would get full share and Admob ads would get no impressions.

Interesting find, thanks. Does that mean we can promote various offers or what does “direct deal” mean?

About the house ads - I think you won’t be able to see your own house ads. In the old AdMob, that was possible, but you can’t see them in the new one.

I ask this question months ago but no one interest on it.
On old admob some guy has been banned because sell house ads so many still scare

Quote:
About the house ads - I think you won’t be able to see your own house ads. In the old AdMob, that was possible, but you can’t see them in the new one.

The phone is not linked to the account - but it maybe possible that something else was not showing the ads. It maybe possible that the app being advertised in the House Ads may have been already installed on the phone - therefore House Ads for that were not being shown (or something like that).

I think someone mentioned that this may be the case.

Hello,
I too am having problems with Admob . If there is anyone out there that can tell me how to get only my house ads to display in my Android apps, I will pay you! I have tried setting up impression goal campaigns, different eCPM values, and nothing - the Admob network always seems to take over. Help - please, if you know what I need to do to have only my house ads served in my apps.

I would suggest going with the mediation - which requires setting eCPM number for each ad network - and House Ads would be one of those - and set that to be highest eCPM - and see how that goes (i.e. if you get any impressions for your House Ads). Because I have seen that setting House Ads to be highest - even that did not prevent Admob from being shown (which was odd).