Google has removed Ad-Blockers from the Google Play Store

Pretty awesome news for those of us who rely on ads in our apps!

Breaking: Google Has Begun Purging Ad-Blocking Apps From The Play Store

Obviously you can still get ad-blocker apps from other places instead, but most users won’t bother doing that.

Good news for us devs and also the Ad Networks we use!

i just did a search on google play and found tons of ad blockers. it seems google has removed ad blockers those block admob, not others. if you search, you will find popular ad blockers like airpush detector. also i found a really funny ad blocker.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.byq.airblocker

it blocks airpush ads of other apps while showing push ads itself LOL

Apparently it’s ongoing, so I think more and more ad-blocking apps will be removed over time.

I think you’re mistaking ad detectors against ad blockers.

Ad detectors are fine. Ad blockers make changes to device, something to do with internet ports or something ( too lazy to dig actual stuff :stuck_out_tongue: ).

As for the news… this is good… but I am wondering if Google will take a more serious stand against ads outside of apps next.

Great news ! People need to realise apps (free or not) cost money to develop, and the developers deserve to get paid for their work. In no other profession you get services / goods for free.

P.D: Obviously the current “ad haters” will keep their adblockers installed, but this will prevent most (not all) new users from knowing about those apps.

Probably adBlock which used a security hole to change users proxy was the tipping point for this decision. Both adFree and adBlock seem to be gone - they were probably the most popular. To be honest I myself used them from time to time (some games for children had too large ads).

Honestly, I think it’s reasonable. Because there are also so many free apps on markets, the developers who worked hard to develop these apps are deserved to get paid through ads… Some ad block apps are just going too far to prevent developers earning their money…It’s not fair.

Well, adblock used a security hole for example (ability to change proxy to all apps on the device - it could be used for pishing easily). No wonder they got banned.

I didnt feel any changes on my ad-impressions, so seems my users are honest and never used ad blockers or this campaign didnt give any results…