My two apps

For some time now, a lot of my free time has been spent on development. It has resulted in two apps: Fast Tapper and Life Tips.

Fast Tapper is a simple game which lets you messure how fast you can tap, and Life Tips is a collection of 70+ real life tips. The cool thing about these apps, I did not write a single line of code for them :stuck_out_tongue: You see, I used Googleā€™s App Inventor which lets you code visually. Itā€™s awesome :wink:

Would be great with some feedback, thanks!

Little note, read your post about Leadbolt and have now integrated it in the Fast Tapper app. There are not many good ways to show ads in app inventor apps, Leadboltā€™s html Appwall seems to work great, so thank you very much for that :slight_smile:

Interesting ideas - Iā€™m not sure how many people will be willing to pay for Life Tips though - have you considered adding adverts to monetise?

I love App Inventor, but it does result in rather large apps - have you any knowledge of Java? If so, you should check out the alternate java bridge (http://code.google.com/p/alternate-java-bridge-library/) - itā€™s like a halfway between AI and Java, and when compiled only grabs the bits that are needed so results in smaller apps.

Nice to see some complete apps written with App Inventor. I tried it out myself a while ago, but ended up going back to plain Java as thatā€™s what Iā€™m more familiar with. :slight_smile:

I like the fast tap game, itā€™s a good idea and very addictive to play with friends. My main feedback (trying to give some constructive criticism) would be that the different fonts used throughout the app can make it difficult to read and identify clickable areas. For example, when I first used the app I didnā€™t even realize that the ā€œTop free appsā€ banner was actually a link. It looked more like a title to me, so I didnā€™t try to click it. I can see what youā€™re trying to do with creating an attractive style, but sometimes I think the styled text makes it more difficult to use. Iā€™d personally prefer more of the standard Android buttons.

I didnā€™t download the Life Tips app yet, because Iā€™m having trouble with Google Checkout atm, but from the screenshots it looks like a good app. I notice on your blog you mentioned a free version in the works. That sounds like a great idea, I think a free version would be quite successful.

I tried out fast tapper could be addictive when playing with friends. I gave you a good rating in the market.

A couple of suggestions. Every time I hit the back button thinking I would go back to previous screen it exited the app. Also I wish it would have saved my settings to turn vibration off but everytime I opened the app it defaulted back to on.

One last thing, On my Atrix with gingerbread the app didnā€™t fill the whole screen (since it has a higer than standard resolution). I have run into this with my previous app and the solution was targetSdkVersion to 9 or higher in the manifest and compiling against that. Not sure how you would do that with App Inventor since Iā€™m not familiar with it.