StartApp - join me , lets make some money together!

OK guys, with this post i will try to get you to start using StartApp :slight_smile: My experience - i implemented the SDK about 2 weeks ago and i’m having great results! No problems at all, easy to implement and by far the least intrusive form of advertising outside of probably banners . It’s very simple - you get paid by each download, depending on the location of the user and the level you picked to participate in . And if you sign in using a referral (ME,Me,ME - click on the link below ) you will get right away $25 when you implement - the easiest $25 you will ever make from an ads company !

AS i said before - i am NOT affiliated with these guys - just a happy customer :slight_smile: and yes, if you subscribe using the links i provide i will get $10 or hopefully more when your app gets famous :slight_smile:

So what will you get if you click on one of the links?

1)$25 immediately , yours from StartApp , no questions asked
2) Firm , steady pay out per download , no waiting to see if anybody will click on them banners or app-walls .You can keep your other ads form other networks as well - no problem at all
3) If you wish i will share your app with my 1500 or so Facebook fans - http://www.facebook.com/UnPickUpLines
4) I will tweet about your app to my over 3000 Twitter follows - https://twitter.com/UNpickuplines
5) I will download it and post a (of course) 5 star review on the Google Play Store

Options 3) and 4) and 5) are complete up to you , but any exposure is good , we all know that. personally i will benefit and be somewhat involved - when your app is doing well i will make more $$$$ . Yes , i DO want it to have a million downloads so i will help you promote it as much as i can:)

If you don’t need more convincing - just click on the link below

Stop spam, david should ban you, in every thread you have startapp affiliation, here again but created new thread. Stop it man, are you stupid or what?

Yeah man, I agree. Stop posting your spam for real, Developers who make real $$$$ don’t need people to shit pump them traffic. I hate to say it and I’m never an asshole to anyone, but grow up…this thread is stupid, and I’m usually down for spam, but not on this forum.

Get a million installs your self, it isn’t that hard. Stop being lazy and take action.

Oh and besides. Start app has one of the most fucked up payout terms I’ve ever heard, and I’ve been in the affiliate marketing industry for a few years now, Sure they might be great and such, but let’s be real and I’m sure ramzixp can agree to some point that what happens when you have 50k++ tied up in there for over a month? Just because they claim to be “Big” and “Pay” doesn’t mean jack shit, I’ve lost well into the 6 figures in the affiliate industry because of networks clamming to be “Big” and “Pay” then time rolls around, someone doesn’t pay and the entire house of cards comes down. In my eyes, the only networks that should be paying net-30 are credit card trails…and that’s strictly for quality and fraud purposes, and SOME (very few) pin-submit advertisers…AGAIN for quality…mainly because assholes love to send fraud in the affiliate industry,

This is ad network stuff, it doesn’t even deal with ANY of the horse shit the affiliate industry has to deal with. These ad network’s make $ the second an advertiser presses “Go” …They’re just being greedy and shady with their payouts. It make’s no sense on why a ad network won’t pay out publishers weekly if they’re doing over 2k or something every week.

At least airpush pay’s weekly, sure airpush might not be the best of the best, but atleast they pay with realistic payout terms, I don’t understand how smaller affiliates/publishers even eat when they get net-30 payout.

Sorry for the rant, but coming from the affiliate industry (Where almost every cpa network pay’s weekly…and they are fronting the $ 99% of the time) …ad network’s don’t need to front a DIME, It just kinda pisses me off that really only 1 ad network pay’s weekly. I mean what happens when you start doing $500+ a day on start app…are you really going to want to wait for all that money? Hell no,

I’d actually love to hear from someone from an ad network besides airpush tell me why they can’t afford to pay weekly,

@ the two gentlemen above - name calling on the internet- original… on a more productive note - this is a forum where we are supposed to help each other - if you have any other suggestions, please share. from what I see the vast majority of people here are not “losing six figures” ( sorry to hear that btw… really sucks) and don’t have more than a few hundred downloads per week. any additional income is welcome. if you look into my posts I’m only sharing my experience , what worked and what not. So yes, startapp did work for me, so did airpush and revmod . leadbolt and inner-active didn’t. I saw there are multiple threads for airpush so I started a new one for startapp. So how about instead of name calling and other childish behavior , share with the masses how you succeeded? we know that there is not a "one size fits all " approach but hey, tell us yours. it might not work but if it does, we can all use a few more downloads and a few more dollars.

Err, if you read their threads, they do share what they do (you just have to interpret their text), anyone making a lot of money is not going to spoon feed you their formula. As for them, I agree as well. Every thread of yours has been promoting startapp which I guess is fine but you inject your referral link everywhere.

I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t be so enthusiastic about Startapp if they didn’t have a referral program. Plus your posts are clearly focused on just getting people to sign up under you (as in the first post in this thread where you essentially bribe people to sign up under you). Not only that there is already another thread dedicated to Startapp and this one doesn’t mention any issues with Startapp besides join startapp whereas the Airpush ones has actual concerns or discussions.

edit:affiliatex actually knows what he is talking about judging from his posts (especially in regards to the affiliate knowledge).

Your Advertising your link, it’d be fine if you just put a link right to start app, It’s just annoying that’s all, It’s like going into a car dealership when your a cars salesmen and try selling your car’s on someone else’s lot and there is no magic tricks to getting an app with lots of downloads like everyone thinks, This is the problem in society it self, everyone think’s you need some hocus pocus magic tricks to be successful, which couldn’t be further from the truth, to get an app successful all you need is good icons/good screen shots/ a decent app that a lot will downloads, and get people to share/rate/like your app, it really is THAT simple, there’s no “Dumping” money into admob to get installs or any of that crap, there is no posting your app all over facebook to get it viral, Get people to engage in your app some what and you’ll have a successful app. I’ve done 0 advertising on all my apps, get people engaged, sharing it and such and it will do fine, that’s the problem, over 50% of apps on android have basically 0 ratings,

I mean isn’t it obvious how apps become successful? I mean go look at all the top apps, what do they all have in common? a shit ton of ratings and like’s…So obviously that’s how apps get ranked, I mean do you guy’s not realize this? It’s right in front of everyone’s nose lol

And the problem with your “Sharing is caring” approach is, I barely know you, so why should I share with you on how I get more installs? It’s not greed, it’s just called asset protection, This happen with the affiliate industry a few years ago, everyone thought it’d be cool to share their methods on BHW and now, no one won’t share anything that makes money because when people share, then 50000 people jump on it and it get’s screwed up by someone, I’m down for giving ideas on how to get more installs, but as far as sharing a entire way to get more installs and such, I don’t think it’s very smart to share on a public forum IMO

now that’s a real reply and real constructive criticism, point taken, will remove the links. @affliatex - I agree with you 100%, make a good product and it will sell itself. and of course nobody is asking you to share “trade secrets” , I saw that you like airpush, ok agreed ,share stuff like that So people don’t waste time implementing crap. that’s all I asked for - this is the section of the forum where we share ads networks experiences. thank you and looking forward for your input , looks like you’ve done this a long long time

I mean let’s be honest, a lot of good app’s do go un-noticed but that’s partly because again just low reviews and such, sure it sucks but I see every day shitty apps going viral because they have thousands of ratings and such, and no worries, sorry if I came off aggressive or a bit blunt, I’ve seen a lot of BS online in the last few years since I started, especially with Networks.

you’re fine in my book:) So getting them 5 star ratings first will bring many many downloads later:) free lesson of the day learned - get people to download and then rate rate rate your apps .thanks, now that’s exactly what this forum is all about

Now your thread is edited, reflinks deleted. Sorry but it’s david portal, he have affiliate links here and you can’t go in every topic and spam with your reflink? Understand? Don’t tell it’s childish behavior because your is childish. There is many threads with Startapp here and you are opening new with reflinks to get some cash from other developers and avoid david’s reflinks? Make own forum and spam with reflinks on it. Forum is for everyone but not put reflinks when administrator have own. Think about it, it’s dishonest and annoying when sending posts only for publish reflink and get some $.

Hey,

I’m from SendDroid and as a matter of fact, we pay weekly.

Our conditions are you meet the thresholds, which are:-

1. $100 for Paypal
  2. $400 for Wires/Checks

Hope this helps.

Yes, I forgot about send droid and weekly, Hopefully these other networks take note

opps,David , sorry if i offended you or caused any trouble… if you don’t like this thread - please go ahead and delete it , i have no problem with that

Hi Folks,

Firstly, I’d like to point out the Forum Rules thread. Here’s what it says about referral links:

You are permitted to post referral links, provided the link adds value to your post, and you do not spam the forums with off-topic or un-necessary links. A general guideline would be no more than one referral link per post.

Now this is obviously a pretty broad guideline, and open to some interpretation. So after reading today’s discussion, I’ve added a few more points to clarify:

Referral links are also permitted in your signature, following the same rules described above.
Any referral links must be clearly labelled as such (e.g. “Sign up for XYZ company (here’s my referral link: __________)”)
Creating any thread or post with the primary purpose of promoting your referral link ​is prohibited.

So basically, referral links are totally fine (within reasonable limits). I’m certainly happy for people to include these links in your signature, if there’s a particular ad network you recommend.

However, the important thing is to make a distinction between discussing an ad network, and self-promoting your own referral links. These forums are primarily for discussing features, performance & strategies. Not for promoting a particular company or referral program. The lines will be a little blurred sometimes - especially if you’ve found an ad network which performs well and has a great referral program! But it’s important to make sure that your posts are focussed mainly on the actual data, and not on the amount of profit you can get by promoting a particular company.

I hope this helps to give some guidelines for future reference. @UN-Pick Up Lines, thanks for being open to the feedback people posted in this thread. The main problem with your previous posts is they’re heavily promoting your referral links for StartApp. This comes across as spammy, especially if it’s the same across a lot of posts. If you can tone down the promotion a bit, I’m sure we’d all be happy to hear about your positive experiences with the company. :slight_smile: And you can still include a referral link, so long as it’s not the main focus and doesn’t get too repetitive (a.k.a. “spammy”).

In conclusion, I’d just like to remind everyone that this is still a rather small community, so these rules and guidelines are very much developed on-the-fly. Constructive criticism is great, so long as it stays objective and not personal. Thanks for keeping the discussion positive, and feel free to follow up with any questions if something I’ve written doesn’t make sense or needs clarifying.

Have a great weekend!
-David

David,

I want to thank you for being extremely fair about referral links. I added a link to StartApp in my sig about a week ago, and it’s not that I really need the extra cash, but if someone happens to click it and sign up, why not? Now, when someone goes “spammy” on the forum, it’s detrimental to the health of the forum. So, again, kudos on the policy. I think it was the right course of action to take.

How profitable are these referrals ?

@ David- thanks dude ,was away for a few days - just saw the posting. hahhaha - no worries - no more "spamming "As you called it , no problem at all:) apologies if i crossed some invisible and ( still) unwritten line :slight_smile: @adforandroidapps -the vast majority will be $10

Thanks. I thought some of these referrals pay a percentage for life ?

I’m pretty sure LeadBolt pays a percentage for life (it would be great to get this clarified though). At the moment I’m getting an average of about $0.05 per day for every user I’ve referred to LeadBolt. This keeps going even if no new referrals sign up on a given day.

MobFox also has an affiliate program, which pays 10% for the first year. I’m signed up for the program, but haven’t successfully referred anybody to date so can’t comment on performance :slight_smile:

UN-Pick Up Lines: I don’t agree that Startapp is so profitable. Their payout has in fact dropped a lot since last year, they don’t pay as much as they did before. They should pay more for other countries than USA. They pay almost nothing for outher countries. A competitor company will sooner or later come, who steals their business concept, but also handles other countries. Only about 30% of Android users on Google play, SlideME appstore and other big appstores are from USA. So why only pay for downloads from USA?