In app purchase payment completion %

What is usual payment completion percentage after user clicks “buy” button (and knows price before clicking) in android apps (Google Wallet)?

Since no one more knowledgeable chimed in on this, I will try to answer your question.

I dont have direct experience in IAPs but like ad revenue, they depend greatly on your app quality and content. From what I’ve read on places like quora and other forums is that an overage conversion rate on IAP is around 2%. Niche games tend to be a bit higher (think age of empires), casual games tend to be lower or around 2% (think candy crush)

Yes, conversions depends mostly on app and could be very different. What I’m more interested in is what % of people complete payment AFTER they click ‘buy’ button. Anyone have stats for this?

I’m not sure what the exact percentage is, but I have noticed from my merchant account, sometimes its as high as 1 out of 5 google has trouble proccessing the card or the card is declined. It’s a problem that has plagued IAP and paid app purchases from the beginning of the android market. It used to be worse but still hasn’t gotten much better. You would think google could do better.

0.5% for my app.

kesc is not asking that how many ppl go for IAP who are using your App.
He is asking whoever is clicking on “buy” button, how many of them are able to complete the purchase? they want to go for IAP, but few of them are stopped by google or some technical gliches.

Google stops them for invalid card.
Technical gliches may be like helper variable was not set up. i am sufferd from both.

For me average complete purchases are 4 out of 10.

What @kesc or anyone else can do to see that in his/hers own app is to set an analytics tracking code on that button. At the end of the month for example, you can see how many people have clicked on it and from your account, how many have actually bought. :slight_smile:

I only know how to add tracking for whole activity. i am unaware of applying tracking on individual resources. nice idea though.