Let's Unite developers

Hi friends,
It is true that Indie developers games are going unrecognized in the market unless they are ready to pay for ad campaigns…

and every time we can’t ask all our friends to install our every game, so we can’t make even 50 installs in a month …

I want us all Indie developers to unite and work as a team in promoting apps in initial stages.

lets create a group with us all and share mutual downloads for every new game in its first month.

I guess if we have 100 developers then we can expect 30 new games every month in an average. My concept is, in our group admin will post 3 games every 2 days and all the group members(lets say 100 mems for now) should download these games and keep them installed for 2 next days. when you release your game you will get 100 installs on the first day, which is enough for many countries to get placed in top new free…

I have created some more rules but it works with trust on every Indie developer …

It is similar to this forum but here you can make choices to install or not but joining the group means commitment that you are going to install 3 games every 2 days…

please tell me your decision on this idea, if you are interested to join the group like the post and we will decide further rules and admin roles…

You can also propose better idea. …

thanks a lot…

The idea is good but Google might not like massive installs from particular number of developer accounts coming from a particular group.
Correct me if I am wrong.

As far as I know, only way to make it work decently is through direct PM, trust each other and make sure we keep the apps installed and run from time to time for 2-3 days minimum.

I have 2 accounts one as developer and other as user…every developer will have 2 minimum accounts so it is not a issue until we stay loyal to each other…

Surely a group of independent developers runs the risk of becoming a kind of bland semi-corporate monster where people want more control than others, and some put in more, and others want to take out more. This goes against the idea of being an independent developer!

I’m doing my bit to help, but keeping it under my own control. I review the games I find here, and post links to your site (if you have one), a youtube link (if I can) and a link to your app in the play store… Google indexes these links, which helps a little bit.

These are the rules I am thinking of…

Before joining the group each user should give his developer company name… When he creates a game he should send his game to admin and admin should verify if it is from same registered company …

Once he confirms then he queues the game, all the queued games will be posted as 3 games every 3rd day…

The users and company list also available for every member of group to cross check and every user can post only one game for every 2 months …

Here the only problem is with admin… He has to be genuine thats it… If we co operate , we can work together…

Where is the fun without the anarchy? If I were to join a co-operative and one or more members (or the admin) didn’t approve of a game I wrote, what would happen? The beauty of being an independent developer is that you don’t have to live by rules!

Rules are created by democratic developers to protect their Democracy … admin is a service provider elected by developers :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Good luck with your venture, but I will remain a truly independent developer.

I am just suggesting to help co developers in promoting but we’ll be developing games individually… We will be proud Indie developers after all…

Its cheaper to spend $100 on 200 Appbrain downloads every time you release a game. Coordinating 100 devs is impossible, or at least way more expensive (if you consider the time involved) than buying the installs yourself.