Cost of developing an app?

Hey,
I have been developing android apps for some time now and recently I got my first client who wants me to develop a moderate level app, which will take about 10 hrs for me to develop. Since, this is first time I am developing an app for such purpose I have no idea how much should I charge for this app. Can anyone please guide me in this matter.

Thanks

Charge an hourly rate. You could give them a rough idea of the cost, depending on your preference.

If you charge a set fee, then any unforeseen problems will cost you.

The key thing is not to underestimate the task, as you could set up an understanding that doesn’t help you when things take you longer than you said they would.

Hi.

Have you ever had a day job as a developer? Work out your hourly rate that you got. Add a bit more if it was less than you deserved.
Then add more since any outsourced/contract worker generally gets a higher hourly rate (at least where I am from).

So what are your hourly rates ?

Yeah i guess definitely working at an hourly rate could have generate much revenue for your self. As i also used to work as a developer at Odesk and elance.

I think hourly basis is the right option to go other wise otherwise whatever option you choose you will be in loss.

Thanks

It depends! and According to me please just review the all modules of apps and according to that you need to estimation for same. Here you are only asking the cost not describe the all required features by client so i don’t think we are able to decide cost for same.

it differs from time to time

The first Step: Make a Plan.
The Second step: Develop the app
The third step: promote it.

The third step is the most expensive one!

On average, it takes 2-3 times longer to develop an Android app consequently, building those apps cost.

Apps built by the largest app companies, the “big boys”, likely cost anywhere between $500,000 to $1,000,000. Apps built by agencies like savvy apps cost anywhere between $150,000 to $450,000. Apps built by smaller shops, possibly with only 2-3 people, likely cost anywhere between $50,000 to $100,000.