Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Question Drops in downloads during holidays?

Hi everyone,

I only have two apps - one with 1200 active users (memory training game) and one with 200 active users (sleep improvement app). First one has about 35 downloads/day and second about 15 dl's/day.

However, I've seen some slow, but steady drops in the last week - first app is down to 20 downloads, second to 5.

Do you also have this kind of experience? Or is this due to some paid advertising I've ordered a week ago (back-links, comments, and ratings) - could Google see this sudden increase in interest as spam?

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    If this is happening after 1 month of lunching then this is normal as the apps removed from "Top New Free" section

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
    If this is happening after 1 month of lunching then this is normal as the apps removed from "Top New Free" section
    First app is about 6 months old and the second one about 3, so I've already gone through that shock. However, I don't understand what is happening now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    my apps are through the roof, did 25k installs yesterday and hopefully do 30-35k today, but also I have a few apps in the top 100 right now so that's why

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    @Insplisity - maybe someone left you a bad comment (in English) - that can hurt downloads for a while. Or you were in some of the lists but didn't know about it (you can get to top new free even with old application after an update).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by affliatex View Post
    my apps are through the roof, did 25k installs yesterday and hopefully do 30-35k today, but also I have a few apps in the top 100 right now so that's why
    Wow, that's awesome, man!! Could you please provide a link to one of your apps, if that's OK? I'd just like to see what kind of apps are so popular.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnesus View Post
    @Insplisity - maybe someone left you a bad comment (in English) - that can hurt downloads for a while. Or you were in some of the lists but didn't know about it (you can get to top new free even with old application after an update).
    Yeah, I got one bad comment in the gaming app, but the sleep app should be OK. I guess it could be, as you say, that I was dropped from some sort of a list.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    I don't know about the gaming app - it would have to be reasonably good perhaps or topical to current trends.

But for the sleep app - some possibilities to improve downloads:

- increase visibility in the sleep-deprived community - look for forums discussing this i.e. you have to know your market
    - use twitter to search for folks discussing sleep issues or apps - and point out your app to them (limit posts per day to avoid getting banned)

If your sleep app is good you could get good downloads - I think I saw an app recently which had a good number of downloads - and may even have had a paid version which had good downloads as well.

So your app needs to have the features to compete with the best - then you can push it on forums and such places - and that may need to be a sizable portion of your time i.e. you may need to do it every day to get some type of recognition in that particular niche (esp. if you have all the features covered or if your app is super easy to use).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    @adforandroidapps: Thanks for the tips! Yeah, I was thinking of finding some forums, answering questions on Yahoo! Answers etc., but Twitter did not come to my mind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Twitter with good hashtags can do miracles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast