Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    Any chance it is caused by the fact that Microsoft also offers a game with exactly the same title bundled in Windows?
    Very unlikely. I'm almost certain that it's automated - when you update the game Amazon now checks if it uses in title/description names of other games that are in the AppStore. Since there are already some Spider Solitaires there (no surprise), it caused an alarm. My theory is that it is a new thing implemented after too many Flappy Bird clones, posibbly checking game names that have at least two words (so Solitaire won't cause alarm, but Spider Solitare or Klondike Solitaire will). But I might be wrong and it might be because some company claimed Spider Solitaire for itself suddenly (but there is no new Spider Solitaire on Amazon - only the old ones like mine).

Microsoft's Spider solitaire is just called Spider and Microsoft never did anything about the clones or even tried releasing that game outside Windows itself.
    Last edited by Magnesus; 2014-02-19 at 08:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Now I receive a message (the same over and over) every few hours about another app - one that was supposed to be free app of the day soon (I might lose that opportunity because of that) - the app was already cleared and reviewed. They want me to send "a confirmation letter from the intellectual property rights holder or a copy of the applicable license" (I don't even know what it is) of using even more generic name (as generic as chess or solitaire, you wouldn't be able to get a copyright for that name even if you wanted). Maybe the reviewer of my apps on Amazon doesn't like me for some reason or it's a bot doing it all automatic.

I've contacted all people from Amazon I have e-mails of, and I'll see what they will say.

edit: The game is now again live not "pending action" after my ton of e-mails. But no information or apology. The first one (the Spider Solitaire one) has still the update with "pending action" status, but old version is available.
    Last edited by Magnesus; 2014-02-25 at 08:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    The problem is now solved for all my games. I reached high enough and they apologized and fixed everything. Topic can be closed now.

4. Likes xpail liked this post
    Thanks xpail thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12