Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How to show ads when the user is offline?

Admobís full screen ads are not shown when the user is offline. A lot of people turn the mobile offline to get rid of the ads. Is there any solution for this, which shows cached ads when the user is offline?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileVisuals View Post
    Admobís full screen ads are not shown when the user is offline. A lot of people turn the mobile offline to get rid of the ads. Is there any solution for this, which shows cached ads when the user is offline?
    Let's be smart about it, if the ad does show, how will it work without an internet connection?
    Linking to play store requires connection.
    Linking data back to you requires connection.
    I guess you should build a game that requires internet connection.
    Otherwise there is no point trying to show offline ads.

3. Thanks startropics thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    If you really want to show ads then you an simply "lock" the app / game if there is no Internet connection and show a dialog that data connection is required to open this app
    Sign up for StartApp for 15$ bonus on first 1000 download + 15$ for the first 250K Impressions , Use my referral link
    http://startapp.com/rft7ac2
    Mobvista : Great Ad network with 100% fill rate : https://dev.mobvista.com/user/register/?u=TWpJMU5RPT0=

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
    If you really want to show ads then you an simply "lock" the app / game if there is no Internet connection and show a dialog that data connection is required to open this app
    This would make me find another game, especially if I knew it didn't need a internet connection.
    Doesn't hurt to try though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    If you really want your user experience (regarding ad space) to be internet-agnostic - you could show your own House Ads (for another of your apps) - or some dummy ads type stuff if there is no internet connection.

What this will do is - it will not harm the user who uses internet, but those using without internet will not see an "enhanced" experience - i.e. it will be the same old - so this would at least remove the INCENTIVE to shutdown internet for the user.

So basically while you don't earn anything if the user has internet off - at least the user does not have any better playing experience with internet off.

7. Likes javaexp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    even though you run offline ads how will you show conversions to advertisers or brand advertisers?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If you really want to demonstrate ads then you may basically held or lock the app / activity if there is no Online access and display a discussion that information relationship is needed to start this appcustom website design . I have an app relating web designing and in actual the company is also very fascinating.
    Last edited by jameswillington; 2014-02-15 at 06:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileVisuals View Post
    Admob’s full screen ads are not shown when the user is offline. A lot of people turn the mobile offline to get rid of the ads. Is there any solution for this, which shows cached ads when the user is offline?
    It's going to be difficult to do this (although no impossible) as it's not easy to track performance. So I'd be more afraid you not being credited for some revenue you deserve. But, it might be a great opportunity to connect your fans to your other apps - if you can't monetize them with other advertisers you should try to build their retention.
    CEO at mobiMicro | the first mobile product network | www.mobiMicro.com
    CPC pricing | Revenue Beyond Banners | Honest Support

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What you and adforandroidapps suggest is probably the best alternative here. I will try to design a solution, which shows fullscreen ads for my other apps, when the user is offline.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    My point was basically to not focus on the loss of revenue - but in leveling the playing experience so it is nearly the same regardless of whether internet is on or off.

This will remove the core problem - of vastly better user experience if internet is off - by making both internet off and on experiences similar (you show something else similar to ads instead if internet is off - for example your own house ad type of graphics).

When there is no incentive to turn off internet your users will automatically wind up turning on internet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast