Amazon Store Restrictions??

If I want to submit my games to Amazon store, what are the restrictions?
I heard that they don’t allow linking to Google Play… so does it mean my games can’t show any Ads or Banners?

Any other restrictions?

Thanks. :confused::confused:

It means you cannot have a link to your app in the Google Store. It has to link to the Amazon store.

But my app doesn’t have any links, only those ads that would link to Google store when users clicked…

After adding the binary file just add this text in the Testing Instructions “All the links appearing in the app are part of in-app ads” and submit your app.

So Amazon actually allow Ads that links to Google Play, right? Only explicit link is not allowed.
Thanks.

Correct! If adverts cannot detect a Kindle device, realize that there will be no Google Play installed and redirect to the Kindle store, then it is the advert’s fault.

Oh… Kindle device don’t have Google Play? I don’t know that… so most Ads networks can detect this and redirect to amazon store, am I right??
Thanks.

Well, in theory, what happens is that the people configuring the advertizing exclude Kindle devices for their ads that are for Google Play. They also exclude BlackBerry and Apple devices (networks do this automatically… you set up a Android OR iPhone campaign!). Then they set up a different campaign for Kindle devices that points to the Kindle store.

But there is always a few clueless marketing people that are too new or lazy to do this correctly.

But as a publisher, usually those Ad networks only provide one Android SDK to integrate into your apps, so they already take care of it?

Yes… except for the clueless marketing people case :slight_smile:

Any other restrictions?

Not that I know of. You can read the Amazon docs as to what is allowed. Also, when you submit the app to Amazon, they will check it for compliance manually. They are pretty thorough!

I heard that if submitting game to Amazon, the graphics mustn’t scale, that mean we need to custom made the graphics to fit all of kindle devices, is that true?
Thanks.

@ray1117 that just means the graphics should look OK. eg: don’t scale by X, but forget to scale Y on some devices.

Do this correctly, and you will not need to make custom graphics for devices…

They can scale whatever they like. If you want to get HD designation though your graphics must be high resolution enough that they are not scaled up on high resolution Kindle devices. Although I’m not sure how to check if you got this “designation” as they call it.

Do you mean there is no such requirement: “graphics mustn’t scale” ??
Thanks.

As far as I know - no.

Had anyone published a paid app on Amazon? If yes, how do you test the buying process? Can you set up a payment test account?

I did, but I haven’t checked how it works. It’s a paid app, no IAP.

Do you mean testing IAP?